Wedding Woes
Options

Easter woe

Easter outfits for boys suck.  I don't want a 3 piece suit, but I would like something more than shorts.  Rack after rack of girls outfits, but I barely found 6let's size.  The few things I found were still inappropriate- no I don't want a skull and crossbone on his Easter outfit.

I either need to spend more than $20 or send DH.  Hope DH has fun.

Re: Easter woe

• Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Send DH. :(
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a Children's Place? You could probably do under $30 or so.

They have some things you could put together: white/khaki/blue pants, paired up with a button down, add a sweater vest if you like those? Not sure what style you are looking for, but they have cute stuff.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Children's Place is over an hour away.  I tried Penney's, Elder Beerman, TJ MAxx, Kohls.  Part of it is me- I get overwhelmed and disgusted.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it warm or cool there? Shorts or pants? Would it be reasonable for you to order today and have it shipped? Then you wouldn't have to worry with being overwhelmed by stores. I loathe department stores.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because if you are looking for cool, fun, spring-ey, simple, you could go with:

$10.00

$10.00

Sunglasses?

$3.50 or 2/$5.00

Or if you want a little more dressy, you could go with:

$10.00

$10.00 (You could pick one of several color vests)

With either white pants/khaki/blue: (Several pair for $10.00)

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I've found plenty of shorts, but I don't really think that's appropriate for church.  I could have something shipped, but I'm cheap.  I'll just stick the husband on it.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love, love going shopping there for nieces and nephews. Online shopping = life saver!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    That stuff is really cute! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_easter-woe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:5d97fab1-4f3c-48d4-9c00-2b532d41484aPost:13e0e401-7ffe-4ed1-97b4-3aa4f7bb05be">Re: Easter woe</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've found plenty of shorts, but I don't really think that's appropriate for church.  I could have something shipped, but I'm cheap.  I'll just stick the husband on it.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

OK. I was going off of "no 3 piece suits". I wouldn't go the blue jean shorts route for church. H it is!
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I was going to vote for CP, too.  I was there last weekend and saw some cute boys' Easter outfits as DD and I breezed past on our way to Baby Girls. 

I guess if CP is far, then you probably don't have a Gymboree nearby, either?
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I'd just pick up a couple of cute seperates at Wal-Mart, if I were you.  I like the green shirt that awesome-sauce posted.  If you could find something like that, plus navy blue pants and a sweater vest, it would be real cute.   Old Navy has some cute stuff, too.   You should come to C-bus next week and we'll go shopping.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards