Wedding Woes
Options

snobby brides?

im just wondering why there are brides who have nothing better to do but answer questions on TheKnot all day, but act high and mighty and like they are better than the people they are answering questions for/giving advice to. you don't know them, how could you possibly know their situation? there is a way to get your point across without being a total B. you aren't the etiquette police.

thats all! and it's probably on the wrong board but i know as a new knottie i was so intimidated asking questions....just wanting to make other brides feel welcome, unlike other posters.

Re: snobby brides?

• Options
    Some people want to do exceptionally rude things and it's unfathomable that anybody could ever actually think they were appropriate.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snobby-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5e6095a5-3d18-4197-ad8f-a4321f1f9109Post:ba2bad58-c3a2-4c90-9c25-3d2df1546829">snobby brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]im just wondering why there are brides who have nothing better to do but answer questions on TheKnot all day, but act high and mighty and like they are better than the people they are answering questions for/giving advice to. <strong>you don't know them, how could you possibly know their situation?</strong> there is a way to get your point across without being a total B. you aren't the etiquette police. thats all! and it's probably on the wrong board but i know as a new knottie i was so intimidated asking questions....just wanting to make other brides feel welcome, unlike other posters.
    Posted by TheMcIntyres[/QUOTE]

<div>We only know what people tell us. When they give a wall of text full of drama and stupidity, we respond appropriately, rather than blowing puppies, rainbows and sparkles up their ass. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you and the other newbies were smart enough to lurk before posting, you would realize that *most* of the regulars on this board are married and have been for some time. We give fantastic advice when asked, but don't generally tolerate the stupidity or drama, which makes for sound, but snarky responses. </div><div>
    </div><div>If a newbie only wants validation, then she should lurk and realize that her local would be a much better place to post than a national board. Local (or month) boards are generally full of unicorns farting rainbows. If the newbie is ready to strap on her big girl panties and get some actual advice, then this would be the appropriate place to post.</div>
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2010
    why are there people rude enough (or should it be stupid enough?) that they don't understand the etiquette of message boards?

Ya know, basic netiquette?  that's been around for the last 15 years at least?

The things that include 'lurk before posting' and "know where you are in cyberspace'?

Because if they WERE polite enough to do that, they'd not have these problems.

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/book/0963702513p38.html

• Options
    I <3 you guys.
  • Options
    Oh sweetie. Are you actually reading the posts?

"How do I inform my/his family they are giving me $X"

"How do I tell BFF who is also getting married she's not as important as I am?"

How exactly should such snotty questions be answered?

Some people get kind answers because they come across as caring albeit confused people. Others get put in their place for being douchebags. I'm surprised you can't understand such a simple concept.

By the way, you can say bitch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    omg get a life. if you dont want to answer a question that someone posted in the "wrong" board because you feel they were "stupid" for doing so then DON'T. not all of us can spend all day "lurking" boards and being assholes to other brides to make us feel superior. i sincerely hope that when i've been married for 2 years i have better things to do than answer questions for the sole purpose of displaying how smart i am about wedding etiquette. im done wasting my time on this site...all of the snobs ruin it. hope your husband is willing to deal with such a smart tight ass.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snobby-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:5e6095a5-3d18-4197-ad8f-a4321f1f9109Post:ba2bad58-c3a2-4c90-9c25-3d2df1546829">snobby brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]im just wondering why there are brides who have nothing better to do but answer questions on TheKnot all day, but act high and mighty and like they are better than the people they are answering questions for/giving advice to. you don't know them, how could you possibly know their situation? there is a way to get your point across without being a total B. <strong>you aren't the etiquette police</strong>. thats all! and it's probably on the wrong board but i know as a new knottie i was so intimidated asking questions....just wanting to make other brides feel welcome, unlike other posters.

And you aren't the Knot police.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snobby-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5e6095a5-3d18-4197-ad8f-a4321f1f9109Post:9f5a3038-3999-448e-933c-fb3e97094442">Re: snobby brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg get a life. if you dont want to answer a question that someone posted in the "wrong" board because you feel they were "stupid" for doing so then DON'T. not all of us can spend all day "lurking" boards and being assholes to other brides to make us feel superior. i sincerely hope that when i've been married for 2 years i have better things to do than answer questions for the sole purpose of displaying how smart i am about wedding etiquette. im done wasting my time on this site...all of the snobs ruin it. <strong>hope your husband is willing to deal with such a smart tight ass</strong>.

I can't think of a man who would have a problem with this.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    She is SO right...
    how dare you girls not have lives and post responses to people who are so desparate for attention that they post chastizing remarks to other girls and try to police cyberspace and vaccinate w/ puppies and rainbows!

(really, you can't be bothered to lurk but want advice?  really?
    So...you basically are saying you're asking for advice but refuse to take the 45 seconds to skim a few other posts to vett where you get advice from?
    So...you saw the board said 'wedding' and didn't bother to see whether you were asking advice of a group of serial killers or people who drop-kick-kittens for fun because you should always get advice you like no matter what?)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snobby-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5e6095a5-3d18-4197-ad8f-a4321f1f9109Post:9f5a3038-3999-448e-933c-fb3e97094442">Re: snobby brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg get a life. if you dont want to answer a question that someone posted in the "wrong" board because you feel they were "stupid" for doing so then DON'T. not all of us can spend all day "lurking" boards and being assholes to other brides to make us feel superior. i sincerely hope that when i've been married for 2 years i have better things to do than answer questions for the sole purpose of displaying how smart i am about wedding etiquette. im done wasting my time on this site...all of the snobs ruin it. hope your husband is willing to deal with such a smart tight ass.

<div>Last time I checked no knottie has called out a person for posting on the wrong board. </div><div>
    </div><div>Exactly what is the purpose of this question/topic? First off, there is always at least one of these "OMG, why are u still here if your already married?" or "you are ALL mean b****es, who dont have a life" topics a month. Next, you basically look bad because your the one with the name calling. Lastly, who are YOU to tell anyone what to do with their life? I don't tell anyone how to live, if people want to sit on the internet all day and night that is their own right. By the looks of it, its you who has the superiority complex. </div><div>
    </div><div>Moving on.</div>
  • Options
    i get the impression she feels sorry for our husbands.
  • Options
    Don't feel sorry for my husband. (1) I don't have one and (2) I have a tight ass. Oh yea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards