Washington-Seattle
Options

What should I do now? a little long

I love love these wedding maps @ http://www.lhcalligraphy.com/maps.html so I tried to do one myself. But now I am thinking I may have crossed that cheesy line. My wedding will be very laid back and kind of fun? themed but i still want it to be classy. So my invitation is non traditional and the rsvp is very non traditional so is this map too much. Would it be less cheesy if the images were all black and white? Or does it all go together as fun? themed? Please give me your honest opinion :)

map is in bio under paper goods scrolled on the way down
it is kinda hard to view but printed you can read everything fine

So if I should continue making the wedding map, what to do now? The map follows along our past. But not everyone will know why i marked mcdondalds on our map. So should i write what or why each thing is on there? And if so should it be on the front or listed in back with our story or something along those lines?

Thank you so much!!!

Re: What should I do now? a little long

• Options
    mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it! I think it's great and not cheesy at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the idea works...theres somethign a bit off witht the trees to me though....I think they are too big when compared to the other things on the map. Other then that I like it!
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the map itself is nice, but honestly, the "Road to Love" part is a bit cheese, IMO.  Although, I also must say, I was a bit confused as to where exactly the place would be because you have the deer on the invite, my eyes were automatically drawn to them on the map (lower part by the trees) but then I saw the Just Married car on the top right corner, then I saw cake which is at Ski Lake whic,h I'm guessing, is where the wedding is since that's the location listed on the invite?  I might suggest somehow circling/highlighting/whatevering the location on the map.  As for B&W vs. color, I like it in color and I think the map style goes well with the rest of the invite paper.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the honesty! I will call it something else :) As for the deer should i move them or take them off completely?

I am not done with it yet I was still planning on highlighting or naming each place somehow just still don't know how :( So i have only named streets and water so far. I want to some how say "street corner trav chinesed fire drilled to give me his number" and "our first apartment" or "our house" but I didn't know if i should write these the same on the map as the actual venue. hope this isn't confusingLaughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP as well

As far as the other things on the map I think it may just get confusing... What about making a big map at the reception and putting those there?

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its cute...not cheesy.  Esp if this reflects you and your style.  Maybe you could put a legend on the map where you could explain the things you want to and then just put a small picture or symbol on the map.  Like a siren or something on the map, and then in the legend show the siren and the explanation of the chinese fire drill.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards