Wedding Woes
Options

Grammy's

Okay, I only watched the first 2 hours, but here are my thoughts:

Yes, Christina, stick to this music-it treats you well and you can sing it.  Don't be venturing off into robot land again.  EVER. And I loved everything about this Aretha tribute.  EVERYTHING.

Lady Gaga is not of this earth.  I don't know if I dig her song, but her performances are always jaw-drop worthy.  If only because I'm so confused I need to catch my breath.

Justin Beaver is growing up!  And Usher is awful.  Boo. 

Bob Dylan seriously needs to just hang it up.  It was good (hmm?) while it lasted.

B.O.B, Janelle Monae and Bruno Mars made me smile.  I loved Ms. Monae and the black/white had me wanting to check my tv until I figured out it was intentional. 

AND, AAAND I am happy that Esperanza Spalding won best new artist.  Yes, I may not have heard of her, but it is MUCH better than this auto-tuned, mass produced crap that were the other choices.  And yes, Drake is crap.  JMO.

WDYT?

last thought:  the fashion last night was about 99% misses 1% hits

Re: Grammy's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Drake will forever be Wheelchair Jimmy.

But I have to question your taste if you are calling Mumford & Sons and Florence & the Machine mass-produced crap.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I love those two (a lot actually), but I like the fact that the grammy people were all "we'll see how they like THIS!". 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to arrive at work via egg this morning, but my papier mache wasn't dry enough this morning.   Sealed  I am rocking some cone boobs though.

Lady Gaga is becoming a pardy of herself (not her real self, since no one knows who that is, but her Lady Gaga self).  She can sing and play instruments, but the rest it very off-putting to me.  And yes, it took her 10 min to write "Born This Way" because she ripped off "Express Yourself" and "Vogue". 

I LOVED seeing Keith Urban, Norah Jones, and John Mayer together.  It was a great trio that I would have never thought to put together. 

The more I see/hear Mumford & Sons, the more I like them.  The same with Florence and the Machine.

Dylan, Jagger, and Streisand need to give it up.

The Grammy's has become about the most random celebrities they can find and then the most random pairings they can come up with.  It's like bizzaro world sometimes.

I love Cee-Lo Green even more today.  And I begrudgingly admit that Ms. Paltrow did an excellent job.  So did the muppets.  Just loved it all.

Dr. Dre is back bitches and I LOVE IT!  Love, love, love me some Dre.  I thought he and Eminem killed it.  I want to know who that girl is who sings on the "I need a Dr." song.  Very haunting voice.  I wish they would have shown her face.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Skyler grey, that is the chick-you're welcome.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_grammys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:6348ef74-be68-4443-bd26-d3c75b97611aPost:f0799e6b-2082-48c8-8a21-c0b581554136">Re: Grammy's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Skyler grey, that is the chick-you're welcome.
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to get around to googling it.  :)  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hee.  The least I could do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards