Washington-Seattle
Options

Tipping Out Vendors

When meeting with one of our potential venue locations, the event manager mentioned how the day of coordinator (the venue requires one) could help tip out the vendors that evening.

Our wedding is so far out, but I like being prepared and having a good idea of costs and stuff. I've read the Knot's recommendations on tipping and by how much, but this is Seattle (the land where people either overtip by a lot or undertip by a lot), what's your experiences been?

And if you did have someone coordinating events on the day, did you hand them envelopes with the tips marked with who they go to to pass out, or...? Well, I can't honestly think of how else to do it.
imageLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Tipping Out Vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What I have read is that you only tip if they don't own their own business. All of my vendors own their own business, except the venue (gratuity included) and our limo and hair/make up stylist (which I would tip any way), so I am not doing the whole envelop thing, however I plan on having one of my friends, parents, or FI take care of it. It just feels wierd to hand an envelope of cash to a stranger.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I mean a stranger (the DOC) to take care of it for me. For example, our DJ doesn't require us to pay him the balance we owe until the day of. I am just going to have my mom give him a check :)
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Karebear. I read an article in a magazine recently about how much money you tip.. not many people were more than $20-50.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry I have been piggybacking everyone lately

my caterer is including the gratuity in the bill is this usual and how much should it be for a 150 person buffet. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards