Wedding Woes
Options

Speaking of marriages.

My mom told me last night that a daughter of one of her friends is getting divorced. Her 11 year old twin daughters were at their dads new apartment. He recently moved out and they were deciding if they were staying together or not.

One of the girls saw a stroller in his apartment and asked why was it there. He sat them down and told them they had a brother.

Who tells their kids like that?  Please be noting mom didn't know about the kid. So, of course they tell their mom, and now the divorce is on and popping.

Men.

Re: Speaking of marriages.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_speaking-of-marriages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:678a153d-bd58-4a9e-9cc8-01f584a88f70Post:7a28ccb5-c5bb-4b67-9871-c8d80f36ae98">Speaking of marriages.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom told me last night that a daughter of one of her friends is getting divorced. Her 11 year old twin daughters were at their dads new apartment. He recently moved out and they were deciding if they were staying together or not. One of the girls saw a stroller in his apartment and asked why was it there. He sat them down and told them they had a brother. Who tells their kids like that?  Please be noting mom didn't know about the kid. So, of course they tell their mom, and now the divorce is on and popping. Men.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

damn.

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found out I had a sister because I wished out loud I did.

It went like this

10 yr old Butterworth: :::dramatic sigh:::: I wish I had a sister

Mom: Er. You do.

10 yr old Butterworth: What?!

Mom: Yeah, i was going to tell you. You're in the same grade and you'll probably meet her this year.

^^shortly after we moved to a new school

WTW @ Dad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG... People are messed up, yo.

Those poor kids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butter, what???

Wow! The same age too.

How are you guys now?
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    *cue Hmo's gasping Hugh Laurie*
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what.  how old is this new brother?  and have the girls met him?  and have they met brother's mother?

and who the H#LL schedules visitation for both sets of kids on the same day?
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_speaking-of-marriages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:678a153d-bd58-4a9e-9cc8-01f584a88f70Post:ea4c7173-5ab2-4d11-b24e-b2b20dd9a1af">Re: Speaking of marriages.</a>:
    [QUOTE]what.  how old is this new brother?  and have the girls met him?  and have they met brother's mother? <strong>and who the H#LL schedules visitation for both sets of kids on the same day?</strong>
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

Two birds, one stone.  Daddy needs free time too, you know.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_speaking-of-marriages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:678a153d-bd58-4a9e-9cc8-01f584a88f70Post:03036e5a-261c-4c90-a48e-1f4aeec66f0f">Re: Speaking of marriages.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Butter, what??? Wow! The same age too. How are you guys now?
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

She's a raging lunatic, Nola.

Her mom refused visitation to Dad so Sister didn't grow up around any of the family and only ever heard extremely negative things about the whole Butterworth family [and worse things about my Mom, who didn't know herself until later]

I tried to befriend her, but it was clear even then we were totally different, and it just got worse the older we got.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_speaking-of-marriages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:678a153d-bd58-4a9e-9cc8-01f584a88f70Post:a3d565ac-abf6-41bb-8dd1-1c7e190b6a1c">Re: Speaking of marriages.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Speaking of marriages. : Two birds, one stone.  Daddy needs free time too, you know.
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

To make another set of twins
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, talking with a kid.

Brother wasn't there at the time.
    Kids haven't met him yet, but I guess they will.
    I don't know how old brother is, but guessing a bit over 12 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards