Wedding Woes
Options

Two woes

1.  I already typed this post once and TK ate it like a cheeto.  Don't try to deny it, TK.  I see your orange fingers! 

2.  The crock part of my crock pot developed a fatal crack last week.  I looked for replacement parts online and found one for about $24.  My lid is also broken, but usable.  They did not have any replacement lids availabe.  So I had the bright idea to order the base model through Amazon - for only $1 more I could get my replacement crock and lid, then just toss the heating unit. 

My order arrived this morning.  Everything looks just like my old crock and lid, but it is shaped just differently enough that it won't sink all the way into the heating unti.  Boooo!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Two woes

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2.  My heating elementy part of the crockpot is fritzing out on me.  I'll trade you.  ;)
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I hate me a wonky knut.

2. y'all can have my crock pot. i can't find one recipe I like for that mofo.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I use the crock for pot roast and barbecue. Every recipe I've seen for it is all cream soups and grossness. Oh, and oatmeal that doesn't work, no matter what Alton Brown says. 
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes, roasts and turkey breasts and stews...all good.  Just don't use it for things that aren't supposed to have the living daylights cooked out of them.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are woes indeed.

The knut is being funky as hell this morning.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't you just usethe heating element that came with the new crock pot? We do a lot of taco chicken in ours. Pork tenderloin, standard beef roast with carrots and potatoes. We also cook our beans for red beans & rice in there - that's super easy and would surely work with other beans or lentils.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have chicken breasts in there with teriyaki sauce. It would have been better baked, but this way I could just forget about it. It will be interesting.

• Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a woe, my kids keep cock-blocking me.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the crock pot, but no the knot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards