Wedding Woes
Options

I proclaim this day "Good News Thursday"

1. My sister got a job. She was laid off from her last position a couple of weeks ago. I think it blows more for her than it ever did me because I had DH's income. She has a cray cray roommate and wants to move so having a steady income again is nice. She's working for a cruiseline, so I'm hoping for free cruises.

2. I finally bought new bras last night. My boobies are happy. I also found up I went up a cup size. 36DD up in here. They are pretty old lady looking, but I lub them.

So what's your good news?

Re: I proclaim this day "Good News Thursday"

• Options
    I caught an error generated by another dept. This means a lot of re-work for me, but I was complimented on my attention to detail and finding the error early in the project.

The fridge here smells like something crawled up in the motor and died. They are cleaning it this afternoon. Oh happy day.
  • Options
    i was chosen for a special project at work because of my performance. it's not something that is going to bring in any cash money, but it's definitely something to add to my resume. i love that i am always chosen for special projects.
  • Options
    I am being sent off-site for training. It'll go on my resume.
  • Options
    -I had a mostly wonderous day off with DH yesterday.  We went to Trader Joe's and Target, which are two of my favorite places.  DefConn now has a second convertible carseat, I have a lapdesk for my laptop, we have a new rug for the kitchen, and we had awesome chili-lime chickenburgers for dinner last night. 

-I get my bonus tomorrow.  w00t, w00t! 

-DH and I having date night on Saturday, courtesy of my parents.  :)
  • Options
    I'm getting an employee referral bonus in my check this Friday because someone I sent to my contracting agency was placed in a position. 
  • Options
    I got new brakes last night.  And no labor cost, because H is amazing and I love him.  And he's cute which helps.
  • Options
    I don't have much in the way of good news, but I went to see my psychologist today and she doesn't think I'm crazy.   So there's that.
  • Options
    I got nothing today but stress.
  • Options
    My coworker actually showed up for work today - first day she's been here since last Monday.
  • Options
    - I'm finally getting a paycheck for cantoring this month.

- I got a new desk chair and my back thinks it's like angels are singing.

- I'm ahead of schedule on my rewrite, which is good because

- I'm going to an Oscar party on Sunday. I get to dress up and everything. 
  • Options
    i made chocolate mint chip cookies and i had three for breakfast.  and i am going out for lunch for bbq. 

and all the vps are out of the office.  i am wearing a "desk" outfit, which means i look normal from the waist up, but it's jeans and sneakers underneath.  or maybe just jeans and socks.
  • Options
    My house is relatively clean and we are going on a little trip this weekend.  I am beyond ready to be out of Dodge.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got an email from the director of the program I interviewed at back in December. They are putting in the paperwork to request to hire me as adjunct faculty, I got a job!
  • Options
    CONGRATS Jojo! That's awesome!
  • Options
    Yaaaaaayyy!!!!  For you jojo!
  • Options
    Congratulations Jojo!
  • Options
    Yay jo!!!!!!
  • Options
    YAY jojo!!!

I found a partner for a super big job I submitted a bid for back in December. I was in over my head, and this will help a LOT, in winning the work and then executing the work properly. It's kindof a big deal because it's an industry I've wanted to break into for about 10 years but haven't yet had a viable opportunity for.

In-person meeting is Thursday. You can bet my purple undies will be ready to go. I will also be purpling it up with a shirt or scarf or jewelry, too.

• Options
    congrats, jojo.
  • Options
    Baby is on the mend after our drama filled weekend.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    congrats jojo!

-on the BR front, C has pulled himself to a stand twice in the past 24hrs, maybe more exciting than good (because I'm so not ready for a walker), but I'm loving watching him figure stuff out.

-this weekend I'm going out with a bunch of friends for my birthday brunch.  But this isn't any regular old brunch...this brunch is 117ft of food and it is all amazeballs.  I cannot wait.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    Late getting back here, but thanks ladies! I appreciate all the purple vibes you've sent thorugh all this. Here's hoping this leads to an actual practicing position next!
  • Options
    Today was the last day of my soul sucking, spirit killing, leading nowhere with horrid pay job.  

Even though I loathed that job, I did like a lot of the people there.  My nurse, who is not sentimental, gave me quite a touching card/message goodbye and someone else sent me probably the nicest complimentary e-mail I've ever received in my life.  Seriously, I printed it out and took it with me.

Tomorrow I start my new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards