Washington-Seattle
Options

Exciting news!!!

We are meeting with a Realtor and mortgage company this morning to see about a house. I'm really excited that we are beginning the process to buy a house. I'm hoping that we will be able to get approved for a loan so we can be in a house by the end of the year.

I will keep you posted on what happens in a couple hours.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Re: Exciting news!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
     that is every exciting!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely exciting!  Get ready for a roller coaster ride of emotions! Well, at least that's what I felt like.  Keep us posted!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is so exciting! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What an exciting and scary path you are setting upon!

My advice, if you don't have a house in mind avoid looking at short-sales and REO or bank owned. We've been trying to buy a bank owned home now for about a month and each step is like pulling teeth to get the response from them. We signed and sent back their paperwork over 2 weeks ago and are just waiting for them to say we can do our inspection and that they want the earnest money now but they just keep doing nothing! It's frustrating, so avoid it if you can :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  FI and I just bought a house in Oct 09. IT was super fun and such a major step in the relationship.  We got engaged shortly after :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How exciting! I'm hoping for the same thing, starting by the end of this year though. Good luck!

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! That is super exciting. That's why I'm a Realtor. Because I love helping first time home buyers. And I agree with PP - in today's environment, if you can help it, avoid short sales and bank owned. Short sales are an incredibly long wait that may or may not pay off. And with bank owned, it really depends on the bank. Some respond back within 24 hours; some take a week. There is not a set standard of practice. And with s/s and bank owned, they are traditionally as-is. So unless you're handy....

Again- Congrats!!!
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards