Wedding Woes
Options

So, a question.

You have a family member/friend/co-irker/stalker/etc in the hospital for whatever reason. You decide to go visit said person. Would you even question being stopped, asked to sign in and put a visitors pass on?

I swear, today people have been acting like I want their mother's maiden name and SSN before letting them roam my floor to see their loved ones. All I ask is a visitor's pass on people, it ain't that hard.

Re: So, a question.

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People are weird.  Um.  Babies get STOLEN, therefore we need your info.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'd be the opposite:  I'd give you a hard side-eye if you just let anyone start wandering through.  "Sure, come on in, y'all!" 
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is pretty standard for the maternity ward.  People just like having reasons to complain.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No. But I like to know and to follow rules. Also, if I am in the hospital, I want veto power on who can come see me.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, not at all.  Last time I went to the hospital to visit someone,  I was prepared to sit outside on the bench for 10 minutes because it wasn't quite visiting hours yet (they let me in anyway).  Rules are there for a reason.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is the visitor pass rule posted though the halls or at the entry point to the ward?

i might be a little put out if i didn't know there was a rule (I've never visited anyone with a newborn) and felt like i was being harassed, but if it was clearly posted then i wouldn't have room to say anything. 

when MIL had her heart attack a few years ago, we visited her in the hospital but never had to sign in /get a pass/etc. maybe the rules are different at our local hospital or in the cardiac vs maternity ward. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H stayed the night with me when I had to stay. He didn't have a pass, came and went when he pleased, and clearly there were no visiting hours, because he was there through the night. I only thought about that part later.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, but every unit I've worked with babies has something. You can't just wander in and out of our unit without some stopping to ask who you are here to see. One patient's sister was in a huff because she was here with preterm issues and stayed on L and D. She just came to our floor last night. Different floors, different routine. L and D doesn't have many newborns hanging around so we are more careful. Dur.
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People are dumb. I've always thought visitors passes were a great idea, especially in OB.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh...I've never had to get a visitors pass.  My friend was laid up in the hospital with pre-term labor during flu season last year, so I had to verify to the parking attendant that I did not have any flu-like symptoms and had not in the past 48 hours.  And then they gave me a sticker!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards