Wedding Woes

LS re: Epcot

We did go to Epcot for a few hours.  Son and DH did Test Track and we all spent a long time in the Finding Nemo building.  We did Turtle Talk with Crush and he picked Son to talk to!  It was cool and really funny.

Epcot was a neat place, but it just wasn't for the kids so much, which is why we only spent an afternoon there.

On another note, have you ever done Summit Plummet?  Never again.  You have to psych yourself up to scoot your body over the edge and drop 120 feet, scraping your shoulder blades the whole way down because you're so tense from picturing yourself falling over the edge.  Oh and also your swimsuit bottom isn't the only thing that goes straight up your butt.

Re: LS re: Epcot

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, besides Test Track and Mission:Space, there was not much in Epcot that the kiddo was interested in.  DH and I did have dinner there one night and wandered around.  DH LOVED Epcot.  Did you ride Mission:Space? 

• tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and Son rode Mission: Space.  They said it was ok.

I thought the Nemo stuff was awesome.  DD loved looking at the fish and dolphins in the aquarium and we all enjoyed Turtle Talk and the Nemo ride.

We didn't walk around the outer part with all the different countries.  It was getting late and we just wanted to get back.  We had been at Typhoo Lagoon all morning.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i like innoventions, right at the entryway -- they added a virtual ride simulator.  there's also the coke section, which i find to be a quick cool off.  it is weird that the united states has the least sweet coke flavors.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ls-re-epcot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:7124ad07-97bf-4bb4-9e96-c1566e0cb7fdPost:4759872a-9241-4260-8b40-2620477c3057">Re: LS re: Epcot</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like innoventions, right at the entryway -- they added a virtual ride simulator.  there's also the coke section, which i find to be a quick cool off.  it is weird that the united states has the least sweet coke flavors.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

I FORGOT!  Son got to be in his own video game.  It was so cool.  Then he did it again and DD was in it with him.  I have pictures of it.
    edited December 2011
    OH yeah, we did the Coke thing too.  The kiddo went to town in there. 

We rode Nemo and Journey into the Imagination.  My nephew was not a fan of either.  I think Nemo was too dark for him and Figment freaked him out.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ls-re-epcot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:7124ad07-97bf-4bb4-9e96-c1566e0cb7fdPost:4759872a-9241-4260-8b40-2620477c3057">Re: LS re: Epcot</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like innoventions, right at the entryway -- they added a virtual ride simulator.  there's also the coke section, which i find to be a quick cool off.  it is weird that the united states has the least sweet coke flavors.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

With the exception of Italy.  Oh Beverly...I hate the way you taste, but I love tricking other people into trying you.
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Figment was my favorite when I was a kid.
    imageimage
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ls-re-epcot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:7124ad07-97bf-4bb4-9e96-c1566e0cb7fdPost:51778700-dabd-4970-a8f1-41a063db6b91">Re: LS re: Epcot</a>:
    [QUOTE]Figment was my favorite when I was a kid.
    Posted by nicoleg1982[/QUOTE]

I still have a figment t-shirt
    edited December 2011
    I loved Figment too.  My nephew doesn't know what he's missing.  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I had a figment stuffed animal - though I have to say, I don't like the new version of that ride as much as the old one (what I remember of it).  Sorry Eric Idle.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Epcot really is more for adults. I'm glad you guys got to see it though.

I love Innoventions. That's always one of our stops.

The Nemo ride is really cute and so is Turtle Talk with Crush.

I've never done any of the water parks at Disney. We usually go in winter when it's too cold. We'll probably take Mr. Loverman there when he's old enough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards