Wedding Woes
Options

Usually it seems to the the mom...

So I have an aunt who and am close with. Her daughter (my cousin) is going to be the flower girl. I just have one small problem with her right now. She keeps trying to plan my wedding for me. She keeps suggesting things for me to do for my wedding and saying not to let my mom tell me what to do. My mom says its mine and Bob's wedding and we need to do what makes us happy.

How can I nicely tell my aunt that its not her wedding?

Re: Usually it seems to the the mom...

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_usually-seems-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:71fef80c-e299-4dc9-b46f-185baa38cc7aPost:d197a4d4-0209-43be-8b6d-dd00de6bcddc">Usually it seems to the the mom...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I have an aunt who and am close with. Her daughter (my cousin) is going to be the flower girl. I just have one small problem with her right now. She keeps trying to plan my wedding for me. She keeps suggesting things for me to do for my wedding and saying not to let my mom tell me what to do. My mom says its mine and Bob's wedding and we need to do what makes us happy.   How can I nicely tell my aunt that its not her wedding?
    Posted by kgrunow[/QUOTE]

Stop telling your aunt your wedding plans, and when she makes suggestions say, "Thanks, but we've already got that planned/scheduled/hired/etc." and move on. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Giving you suggestions doesn't mean she's trying to plan your wedding.  Just nod and smile and say you'll take it under consideration or you've already decided on that aspect, or whatever.  NBD.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your advice. She is not just making suggestions though. She is calling vendors even after I have told her I found one I liked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards