Washington-Seattle
Options

Weekend Confessions/Monday Check-In

Embarassed  I was a bad Mod and didn't login over the weekend, so this Monday you can confess and/or tell us what Checks you've accomplished over the weekend!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Weekend Confessions/Monday Check-In

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did absolutely nothing.. and now FI had to fly to Texas for a couple days.. oi. Me fail.. that's okay I'm ahead of the game anyway... Although this week I need to figure out what we're going to put in the vases for the ceremony and where to get the hair/makeup done. I'm in a bit of a slump I think. :P

Weekend confession:
    We blew money. haha... We drove all the way to ikea for a desk that FI decided he didn't like because he wants dark wood instead of glass (we both like the glass but being Navy, moving could cause some breakage issues..)
    Little does he know that I'm not budging. He got to choose the kitchen decor, bedroom decor, living room decor, and 2nd living room decor. The guest bedroom and office. ARE. MINE. too bad so sad. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Checks: 1st dress fitting; BMd dress fitting; reception tablecovers, utensils, candy bought; musician rehearsal/ceremony songs set;

To Do: Find place for hair/makeup, airbrush tan; make beauty appointments; buy dress undergarments;

Struggling with: health.  Was off work all last week and still feel lousy.  Some sort of strange fatigue/thyroid thing but docs can't figure it out.  Trying not to stress out over it but worried about my energy getting lower and lower.
  • Options
    zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NWR Check: I walked the Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon on Saturday in under the 4 hour time limit! Laughing

To Do: Cake tastings and shoe repair for my vintage heels are my big to do's right now. And scheduling our second meeting with our officiant.

Struggling with: Not just going down to city hall and signing our marriage license to get it over with. Embarassed
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Checks:  I signed up for a new Gmail address, so that my email address has my new last name, and not my maiden name like my old address.

Changing your name has a bazillion steps.... I think I'm about 80-90% done with the process.  I could be all the way finished/complete with this process, but I've been slacking on the last details.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Mgoss I've been trying to put together a list of what I need to do for the name change.  Any tips you'd like to share would be appreciated by me and I'm sure many others! :)
  • Options
    tmhildebrandtmhildebrand member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monday Check-ins!! Everything is moving so fast now!!! We FINALLY have a venue, my cousin is generously agreeing to do my flowers for FREE!!! My invites are being printed tomorrow and will go out within the month, we have registered, we found a DJ, I have talked to our photographer, and my work will do my cake, and the only thing we haven't figured out who is going to marry us, though I am sure that our friend will do it, and we don't have a caterer..... with everything moving so quickly and quietly, then I may be able to not be so stressed out!!! So that is my weekly check-in!!! whoo!!! Its been exciting!!!
    Thanks All!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **kimberlys** I like this one. I think we may use it Blessing for a Marriage by (James Dillet Freeman) May your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring, and may life grant you also patience, tolerance, and understanding. May you always need one another - not so much to fill your emptiness as to help you to know your fullness. A mountain needs a valley to be complete; the valley does not make the mountain less, but more; and the valley is more a valley because it has a mountain towering over it. So let it be with you and you. May you need one another, but not out of weakness. May you want one another, but not out of lack. May you entice one another, but not compel one another. May you embrace one another, but not out encircle one another. May you succeed in all important ways with one another, and not fail in the little graces. May you look for things to praise, often say, "I love you!" and take no notice of small faults. If you have quarrels that push you apart, may both of you hope to have good sense enough to take the first step back. May you enter into the mystery which is the awareness of one another's presence - no more physical than spiritual, warm and near when you are side by side, and warm and near when you are in separate rooms or even distant cities. May you have happiness, and may you find it making one another happy. May you have love, and may you find it loving one another! I also love the apache blessing too:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards