Wedding Woes

THIS IS ALSO A C&P.

it's not me, but would you be surprised?

Dear Amy: I have a half-sister. She was offended by something that one of my adult children supposedly did to her. She got all bent out of shape and refused to celebrate birthdays and holidays with us anymore. No gift, no card.

We are not taking this too lightly. I have always known that she was a little shady. She has on more than one occasion helped herself to pens and Post-it notes from her workplace. 

Since she felt that my family and I are no longer good enough to be on her Christmas list, I took it upon myself to let her bosses at work know why their office supplies may be dwindling.  In turn, she was reprimanded at her job, which cost her a couple of days' pay and a letter in her personnel file.

I also let the IRS know that she may not have been reporting all the waitress tips she earned while she worked at a restaurant.

Since other family members learned of my tattling, they have shunned me.

What? She was the criminal, not I.

So, Amy, what do you think? Am I some kind of evil person? To paraphrase "Seinfeld's" George Costanza, "Was I wrong?"

— Lost in Lauderdale

Re: THIS IS ALSO A C&P.

• DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Holy crap. Overreact much?  For something involving her *adult* child?!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I want to know what the adult child did!  And how does someone who has adult children act like such a child?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-also-cp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:7372b80e-0c1e-41fb-bc3e-ee5471a17741Post:be626d88-a9c3-4566-889a-11bcb6d2519d">Re: THIS IS ALSO A C&P.</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg. she reported the pens and post-its?
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

This.  What the everloving fvck?
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love that she thinks she's jason alexander in "seinfeld" and not jason alexander in "pretty woman."
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Lady is crazy. If I was her family, I'd back away very slowly then move, change phone numbers, and disappear.
  • edited December 2011
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that reminds me --- please fbm me your new address for a holiday card.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know if you posted this on the bump everyone would be agreeing with the OP. Not reporting your tips is FRAUD and you could GO TO JAIL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards