Washington-Seattle
Options

Browns Catering?

So Browns Catering had two booths at the wedding show yesterday and were displaying some pretty kick a$$ prices... almost too good to be true ($17.99/person for roast beef buffet with all china, utensils, chargers, linens, etc included!).  Anyone know anything or have any experience with them?  I can't find ANY reviews online.

TIA!

Re: Browns Catering?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They were at a friends wedding. The food was delicious. I am not sure how they were behind the seens, but from the guest prospective they were great.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using them and I think one or two other people on here are. Also, in real life I know another couple who went with them. Their prices are great! I am excited to use them. We booked awhile back and they send out 25% off on entree prices due to help people out during the recession. So we took them up on that offer. We are paying a few more dollars per entree.
    That sounds like a great price! I say go for it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also using them. I've had mostly good experiences with them. They seem very nice. During our initial meeting they didn't tell me there was a minimum and when the price was higher than what I budgeted, I disputed it and Anthony, the chef/owner, was happy to make the change to the contract. I've had one issue with them but it is because I don't like no as an answer... BUT, we've been to tons of tastings and their prices really are great. AND, they keep getting new stuff. Now they have chair covers too! That is included with the price. Its pretty crazy. The company seems very honest.

If you book, can you say that Sara F. referred you? :) Then some one can return the favor to you before you marry?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm going with my MOH to a tasting this sunday with them...i'll let you know at least how it tastes! :)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are reviews on wedding wire, mostly good, but a few bad.  Some of the girls (or guy) here have been to tastings, most liked, but one person didn't like the food.  We met w/ them, I thought they were a little pushing and the minimums were too high for us.  And, although the linens were included, I didn't like any of the colors.

We're using Seasoned in Seattle, they are more affordable, I really like them and they were at the Wedding Show also.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_browns-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:e062ba5e-5e3e-44bf-b9fd-1096d2a28f36Post:ab6208c7-ea59-4d4d-8416-077a38645271">Re: Browns Catering?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are reviews on wedding wire, mostly good, but a few bad.  Some of the girls (or guy) here have been to tastings, most liked, but one person didn't like the food.
    Posted by jennuinne[/QUOTE]

I'm the "didn't like the food" guy ... everything was either overcooked or undercooked, and it was easily to tell the mashed potatoes were reconstitued. We're looking at Seasoned In Seattle and Pyramid Catering as alternatives ... both seem to have decent prices. I also recommend checking out Snuffins catering in Tacoma.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i asked about the mashed potatoes.. i was reassured they are made from actual potatoes.. but they are whipped... 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Niq to a point.  I was disappointed in the mashed potatoes and the green beans lacked flavor IMO, but the meat itself seemed decent.  We ended up going with Chef Bert who we preferred and is in the same price range (actually he was a bit less for us) plus he's all-inclusive like Brown's minus linens ($10/tablecloth, 50 cents per napkin).
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great!! Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a tasting with them a while back. I agree, I thought the mashed potatoes were not up to par. I thought they were instant! I never asked about them.. it's nice to know they aren't. We liked a few things.. but a lot of it was very bland. I was really excited about the mashed potatoes because they are almost my favorite food! So, I was really bummed when I tasted them & it kinda ruined it for me.
    But that's just me... I am a little on the picky side when it comes to food. But as for the people I have talked to, they have all been really nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jostina,

If you are interested, I just got this email from Brown's catering!

"We have extended our Open House/Tasting Hours!
    We have several Tastings / Open Houses coming up, and we would love for you to join us! 

Saturday, January 23, 2010
    Sunday, January 24, 2010

Come anytime between 3:30-8:30pm.

*Meet our Chef
    *Taste some of our delicious menu items
    *Receive a free quote

Please RSVP to attend!

Click here to RSVP

We look forward to seeing you here! 

-Brown's Catering, Since 1972"
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost signed with them but they snuck in the minimum at the last minute and then I started to be ok with that till I read their 10 page contract that contradicted everything they'd told just told me. Very nice and all but we ended up going with our gut and choosing Celebrations Catering. Just a half page contact, really nice, flexible,fabulous food and very reasonable prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards