Wedding Woes
Options

What? Edition 2: Electric Christmas-a-loo

The "Worst" Christmas Songs Of All Time

10. Santa Baby (I love this song. Eartha Kitt, rampant materialism - it's perfect! They picked the Everclear version, which - what? Everclear recorded this? Has anyone ever heard anyone but Eartha do it? I haven't. Their argument is therefore invalid.)
9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
8. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (I like this one, too. It's amusing.)
7. Who Took The Merry Out Of Christmas? (This apparently has two versions. One they say is good, and the other is by Donny Osmond. I've never heard of this one, so I have no opinion, except that probably the DO version does suck.)
6. Dominick the Donkey. (What?)
5. Mary Did You Know (They claim it has "insane" lyrics, like: "This child that you've delivered will soon deliver you", which makes me wonder if these people know why we call it CHRISTmas.) 
4. All I Want For Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey version. (Yup. They're right.)
3. My Only Wish (And again, WHAT? Where are they finding these random-ass songs?)
2. Dear Mr. Jesus (It's like they went to "World's Most Obscure Christmas Music.com" and just picked things at random.)
1. CHRISTMAS SHOES 

Well, they got that one right!

Re: What? Edition 2: Electric Christmas-a-loo

• Options
    I do like the Eartha Kitt version of Santa Baby.  I've heard a Madonna version, too (icky), but never an Everclear version.
  • Options
    I like the Eartha Kitt version of Santa Baby-and that's it. No one else can sing that.
    And I also like #5. It reminds me of my church Christmas play.

• Options
    I am convinced that I'm the only person on the planet that actually likes the Christmas Shoes song.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_edition-2-electric-christmas-loo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:76702ec9-5ccc-49eb-9f85-6207cfcf63edPost:70423adf-cbe1-4c68-9e6d-65a2f0d11bfa">Re: What? Edition 2: Electric Christmas-a-loo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am convinced that I'm the only person on the planet that actually likes the Christmas Shoes song.
    Posted by L_Woods[/QUOTE]
    SHUN.
  • Options
    Mary did you know is one of my favorites, and I  agree they probably don't even know the meaning of Christmas..
  • Options
    I love Mary Did You Know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards