Wedding Woes

Wedding dress alterations regret - Back fat in pictures!

UGHHHH I am so frustrated.  I bought a beautiful Enzoani dress, well, it was everything I imagined, except it gave me a little muffin top in the back.  Otherwise, it was gorgeous!  So I got it a size up, because I knew the back was going to be an issue.  When I finally got the dress, I asked if I should have it taken out in the back because I still didn't like the way it looked, and was told by my sister, seamstress & mom that I shouldn't have it taken out because then it would be to loose on my chest.  They convinced me it would be fine!  So I just got a little material cut from the back to make it a little more v shaped because I wanted my arm pits to breathe  (summer wedding).  Horrible mistake.  I should have listened to myself and had it let out in the back because EVERY FREAKIN TIME I LOOK AT MYSELF IN MY WEDDING PICTURES I AM HORRIFIED AT THE SIGHT OF BACK FAT.  Sigh :(  I hope the professional pictures at least do a better job of hiding it...

My nightmare is that all my friends and family were there judging me and saying "Oh she looks gorgeous, minus the back fat."   I am really not that fat at all!!   I even ended up crying on my honeymoon because of it :(  Even if I get over it for a bit, I end up seeing someone else's pictures, and wanting to hide in a hole somewhere all over again!! 

To all future brides out there: trust your own judgment! 

Couldn't someone just tuck my fat towards my boobs?? Geesh!!

Re: Wedding dress alterations regret - Back fat in pictures!

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you look beautiful. Besides, it could have been worse.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/573.jpg
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ha, Butter.

I agree that you look beautiful.  90% of the candids from my wedding were horrid- HORRID.  The pro pics were lovely.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Oh, BC. You're my hero. 

OP, I'm pretty sure it's not the dress or the pictures that are the problem. I'd tell you to Google "size acceptance", but I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears, and it's early, and I'm tired. 

So I'm just going to go pet my rolls instead, and be happy that this is not my problem. 
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look like a normal, healthy bride, that is even more beautiful on her wedding day and above all else you look happy. 

I have pictures of me at my wedding that I know aren't the most flattering of me but some of them show some great moments and caught the real emotions of the day which is why I wanted photos in the first place.

Please stop letting this take over your life in any capacity.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i want to see more pictures.  this looks like a lovely dress, particularly the side detail, and you look like you made some excellent successory decisions.

btw, it's not called "back fat."  it's called "back bacon."  please use the correct disparaging term in the future.  thanks in advance.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hmo - I think that is a purse on the side.  A purse for bringing home the bacon.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had the same thought immediately after my wedding. And, to be honest, even up to a year or two later.

But I've come to just look at the pictures and see how happy we were, how beautiful everything was, and how much fun everyone was having. 

And really, don't beat yourself up.  Having a nipple slip because your dress was too big would have been MUCH worse.

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Until you said something, I didn't notice it at all... You are a beautiful bride, and that's all that counts :)  You married the one you love!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011

WOW BC ahahhahah yeahh it wasn't that bad.  A little back bacon, but I didn't have turkey drumsticks hanging by any means. 

I am trying to let it go... I did look nice from the front.  I guess that's more important than the back.  Plus I wore a veil for 75% of the time.  I'm hoping that I will eventually get over it like DG1.  I bagged my husband and that's what matters most!! 

I appreciate your support ladies!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards