Washington-Seattle
Options

Friday Rant&Rave (Am I really the first knottie posting this morning?)

Rant: Chickens*** Democrats sitting on their collective duff on health care because of one stinkin' election loss where the election had basically nothing to do with health care. Seriously, if you have 250 seats in the House and 60 (or) 59 in the Senate and you can't get it done, what's the point?

Rave: FIe has a friend who's going to give her a discount on making the dress! Yay for saving money!

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!

Re: Friday Rant&Rave (Am I really the first knottie posting this morning?)

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rant: somebody who works for a dream company told me a position will likely be opening up, and i'd be ther perfect candidate..he talked about me openly with his boss and 20 collegues (yay, right?). he told me to email boss, and it's been 3 days, no response. AT LEAST TELL ME YOU GOT THE EMAIL!!!!!! grrr.....

rave: GTG tomorrow, i'm going to disneyland in 6 days! :)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: My PMS-related night sweats have extended themselves this month. So I wake up exhausted and dehydrated. I am sooooo fuuuckin tired this morning! FI and I are a still househunting. We went and saw one last night that I like quite a bit. It has a few detractions (slightly odd kitchen layout, dislike locale of w/d, 2 smaller bedrooms but at least master is decent) AND has stupid homeowners dues. However, I think FI still likes this new construction we saw that I just don't like very much. I don't think we're EVER going to find a house we can afford that we BOTH like.

Rave: GTG tomorrow!!! I'll be exhausted as I have 3:30 am shift again, but I like y'all and you don't seem to mind if I'm weird. :)  My brother is coming up to visit my Dad for the first time in 3 years this weekend, yay! That will really help perk my dad up.

Niq - that's AWESOME! Did U. decide on a dress pattern and fabric?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_friday-rantrave-am-really-first-knottie-posting-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:e4d807ed-3d8b-411b-b6a8-0f2ab387c8cfPost:9bfe4425-505a-4353-b734-24d8d81b2242">Re: Friday Rant&Rave (Am I really the first knottie posting this morning?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Niq - that's AWESOME! Did U. decide on a dress pattern and fabric?
    Posted by KSTorkko[/QUOTE]

Well she had it picked out ... but it's satin and the dressmaker points out that it doesn't behave well w/ flash photography. They're meeting on sunday to figure out that part.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Excited to get in on this -

Rant:  Huge presentation for my Masters tomorrow morning.  I still have to finish the slides and prep (not going to be doing much real work at work today - just school work).  Feeling pretty nervous about that.  Also, FI's parents are staying with us tomorrow night...cause I needed the added stress of cleaning the whole house while finishing my presentation.

Rave: Presentation will be done tomorrow and while you're all GTGing I'll be having a fab get the families together/engagement dinner!  MMM yummy celebration and I get to wear a cute new dress.

Cheers!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: today is going to be a really long day, dr this morning meeting this afternoon, then gym. Going to be at least a 12 hour day. Rave: Dress fitting tomorrow! After I get past today things will get easier. Next week this time I will be landing in Vegas.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant - the guest list situation is scaring me.  It's basically in my mom's culture to invite anyone that she's ever spoken to, even if only for a second, to my wedding. Plus, my mother can't seem to get addresses correct.....she'll write something like    4422    22    50    432nd avenue SW.  I don't think she understands the concept of addresses.

Rave - It looks like I'll be going to Hawaii twice this year.....thanks to some good luck and Gilda's Club! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I can't seem to get motivated enough to get anything WR done. I'm at a loss. I know I need to get stuff done but for some reason because FI doesn't have all of his addresses still, I feel like I don't know what to plan because our guestlist isn't set in stone... ah. And, I'm just scared to plan anything, get excited about an idea and then... you guys know.. 

Rave: Excited about the GTG tomorrow! And to get some discounts from KST. Hopefully I can find what I need at one of the places and get our rentals going. Also, Its my Saturday and it felt SOOO good to sleep in until almost 10 on and off. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant- Don't have anything today.

Rave: We got our marriage license this morning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a double rant and rave day for me!!

Rant - My birthday is tomorrow and it's being totally overshadowed by the future I-Ls being in town AND I can't go to the GTG.  Also - I did an invitation mock-up last night and HATED how it looked... back to the drawing board!

Rave - I signed up with a personal trainer.  Did a short 15 minutes intro session and am still sore two days later - they're totally going to kick my rear end back into shape!!  Also - FI and I are moving into our first apt this weekend!!
  • Options
    LoniRenee24LoniRenee24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -DELETED-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I still am not really happy with my wedding dress choice...but too late to do anything about it now since its already been ordered...

Rave: we dont have plans tomorrow night for once in the last however many months and I am going to make breakfast for dinner and relax with my FI! Hooray!! Plus I plan on working on my 3rd BM newsletter and timeline!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant 1: work has been totally flipped upside down as our owners fired our managment company and fired our GM.  We don't really know whats going to happen next....

Rant 2: my personal computer had a horrible virus on it and I couldn't get rid of it - I thought I was pretty computer savvy.  So, instead of lossing everything and spending $$$ on a new pc, took it into the geek squad who now will have it for a WEEK because they are so backed up due to holidays!!

Rave 1: heading to happy hour in a few mintues...definately need a drink.

Rave 2: going to a bonfire tonight with old friends...it will be good to catch up with everyone.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  I hate progress reports!!!!!!!!!
    But the real rant is, I have had wedding nightmares all week.  I know that this is because I have been a major procrastinator.  I've been engaged I think 9.5 months?  And all I have is a venue, photographer, dress, and DOC.  Going to the wedding show last weekend, at first really motivated me.  But then I realized how freaked out I am.  Not only do I still need a caterer, DJ, officiant, and MUA, but everything is SO EXPENSIVE.  I feel like if I hadn't waited so long, I would have a choice of better, cheaper, vendors.  It's exacerbated by the fact that my venue is so far away, I have to pay people extra!  I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out.
    Oh, I have another one.  FI is going to Moses Lake for the weekend.  =(  And he's taking my old-lady car!Surprised

Rave:  GTG tomorrow!  I'm really excited.  Seeing Jenn at the wedding show was like a preview, so now I can't wait!  Also, because my boss got selected for a jury, progress report deadline got extended by almost a week.  Phew!  And finally, I was able to schedule a tasting with a caterer I met last summer (!) at a wedding show thing in Snohomish.  They have our date available & I really liked them.  And I think they average $17pp, which is reasonable.

Sorry.  That was a really long R&R.  I'm stressed.Frown
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  No plans this weekend.

Rave:  I think I will be able to book my #1 ceremony/reception venue and #1photographer.  Plan to book/pay deposits next week.Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Communting 3 hours a day sucks. And my new job is super boring. And I have to pack and move, and I'm wanting to get all the moving done before DH gets home.

Rave: DH will be home in 10 days, so I might be MIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I have to work tomorrow... hate working on the weekend! It's tough when FI has a M-F 9-5 job and my shifts are less predictable. Sometimes we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we'd like.

Rave: FI took a personal day off work today to help me with wedding planning. We actually accomplished some things, and more importantly he totally put a lot of my anxieties at ease! Completely caught me by surprise and made my day. :)

Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards