Wedding Woes

I will be accepting applications for junk punchers

Submit your resume to junk punch my husband.

1. Remember my nice suggestion of going to Wisconsin? Well DH called MIL and they worked out dates. The ticket prices were the same as what I had showed him. After he talks to MIL, after he says that he thinks it's a good idea...he rethinks it and says NO. Too much money. So why the hell didn't you think of that before idiot? MIL will be crushed. She is constantly dying for a reason to come to see us or to have us come see here. She wants to see The Chubbs so bad. So now DH has to tell her no, maybe some other time. Great fvkc face.

2. He keeps going on about this nonsense that the currency system we use is going to collapse, etc. He actually went and bought a book off of eBay. This book is some self-published nonsense. Of course, he constantly wants to talk to me about it. HELL NO. I don't care. Plus, moron you work for a bank. If you believe this is all the truth...then stop working there, and rise against this BS. Until then, keep your trap shut.

Re: I will be accepting applications for junk punchers

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg @ 2.  he bought missy flow's second book?  okay.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's wrong of him to change his mind after he already told his mom about it. Life is short, take Mr. Chubbs to see his GM.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So can you really not afford the tickets or is he just wanting to use that cash to build a vault for his gold bricks and automatic weapons? 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When did your DH turn into Chicken Little?

And that's mean about the trip.  If he was ambivalent about it, he should have told you and never brought his mother in on the plans.
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll send you my resume.  

H keeps trying to tell me that health insurance is 100% a SCAM and we are paying out of pocket WAY more than what we would without insurance.  He can join your H in his gold brick bunker.
    imageimage
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah. I think you need to tell him not to be a douchebag son and take the trip. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_will-accepting-applications-junk-punchers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:7e4c6c6d-b71e-499e-8f9f-38fbed7bfde3Post:10ab4dac-7cd2-437a-a1fc-70dbb3b574b6">Re: I will be accepting applications for junk punchers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll send you my resume.   H keeps trying to tell me that health insurance is 100% a SCAM and we are paying out of pocket WAY more than what we would without insurance.  He can join your H in his gold brick bunker.
    Posted by nicoleg1982[/QUOTE]

What the what?  How does he figure that?  Does he have hard facts and data to back all this up or is he just talking out his ass? Does he know how much it really costs everytime you go to the Dr. or take DD or how much it cost to give birth to DD?
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mrs.Conn, no.  He figures we spend $400/month just for insurance, plus another $60 or so/month for copays.  Lately, I or DD have been to the doc at least once a month, sometimes more.  Esp. if you include prescriptions, ER visits, tests/xrays, etc.  

He loves talking out of his ass about it.  How doctors charge less if patients don't have insurance, and how we pay an asston for insurance PLUS copays, yet has not called the doctor to see how much visits (w/o insurance) run or what the actual prescription costs are, or whatever.

It's a conspiracy to him.  I have volunteered to prove him wrong, but he doesn't want to hear it.  Everytime he brings it up, I shut him down.  I don't want to hear that nonsense.
    imageimage
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I did tell him it was a sh!tty thing to do. I told him that she was going to be upset and in the future he needs to think things through better before he says yes to me and her. I told him he needs to face reality and recognize that if we wait, we may miss out on opportunities because his Grandpa may very well pass away before we make it out there. He acknowledged all this.

As for #2, I am just done. He is such a weird conspiracy theorist that I can't even handle it. A little yes, but not all of this. And he doesn't have gold bars. He has silver. And we have 2 gun safes. I am completely serious about both of those statements.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards