Wedding Woes

Pioneer Woman

Does anyone actually follow her blog any more? I stopped a long time ago. She's gone from being cute and down-home to pretentious and obnoxious. And repetitive!

Re: Pioneer Woman

• edited December 2011

I haven't checked out her blog in a while but people have been saying bad things, about her cookbook, specifically.

• MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a problem with her cookbook - I use quite a few of the recipes because they're "down-home" enough for H to eat. Her "novel," however, is another story. Give me a break.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I still follow and I don't think she's become obnoxious and pretentious at all - - at least no more than she was before.  I don't get why people are saying that about her.   She is the same as always, and I like her.   
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Her recipes show up in my blog feed. Mostly I stay up with it so I can win a KA. I already have one, but I'm sure I could find someone to sell it to who knows the true value of a KA and how you cannot possibly cook without one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't follow anymore.  I guess I just fell away.  No really specific reason, but I DID see her book in B&N on Sunday, and I wasn't sure if I was happy, or annoyed.  Either way, I'll eventually read it.  And I too, like her cookbook.  Enough that I've given it to two friends, who also love it.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    I have the cookbook, too.   I've made the chili, my friend made us the cinnamon rolls and my mom makes the olive bread all the time.   It's all really good.

I wonder how different the book is from the story on the site.  
    edited December 2011
    I've made the spaghetti, cinnamon rolls, marlboro man's sandwich, potato skins/boats, pancakes, onion strings.  LOL.  I actually have used that book more than others.  Besides the BH &G one.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    BH&G= red checked, right?

I want to try the potato skins.  I just have no one to eat them with me.   They look soooooo good.
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the checkered one.  I love that book.  If just to look at it.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011

I use that one more than anything.   From how to hard boil eggs to banana bread.  If my grandma used a recipe for something (not often) it was from this cookbook, so I have a lot of fond memories over a lot of those recipes.

edited December 2011
    Boil eggs?  I had to make up my own recipe or at least what works for me.  Which doesn't really fit anywhere.  I'm rogue like that.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - I am the designated deviled egg maker for family functions, so I need a good set of instructions for hard boiled list to make sure they are easily peelable.   Their way of doing it works best for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards