Wedding Woes
Options

I need a wee bit of toddler advice (sorry)

Those who have been there, Mads is in a phase where I am her absolute favorite and as long as I'm around, DH is sloppy seconds.  I've read enough to know this is totally normal, but I still feel bad for DH, who is trying not to take it personally.  Do we both just need to suck it up, or do you have any additional advice?  TIA

Re: I need a wee bit of toddler advice (sorry)

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have DH bribe her with cookies?   Wink
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-wee-bit-of-toddler-advice-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:84cac25f-c239-43aa-97c2-908d832673ddPost:4fc17a98-8c2f-41f7-bff5-3ba258f59552">Re: I need a wee bit of toddler advice (sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have DH bribe her with cookies?  
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

You know, this is how we got the cats to like DD.  Once she started passing out cat treats before every meal, they were suddenly a lot more tolerant.  I like the way you think!
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    give it time.  Mom is always #1.  Enjoy it before the kid turns 15 and hates you both.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6let definitely prefers DH when we're both together.  Sometimes I feel bad for DH not getting a break, but I never feel like the kid doesn't love me.  I just figure he's sick of me. 
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Rub yourself with hot pepper.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-wee-bit-of-toddler-advice-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:84cac25f-c239-43aa-97c2-908d832673ddPost:0fd12292-6dc1-45ea-b756-e9495f143427">Re: I need a wee bit of toddler advice (sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rub yourself with hot pepper.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]
    I'm actually rubbing myself with hot pepper right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's part of her development. Toddlers develop Oedipal complexes of sorts where one parents is the absolute favorite to the almost complete ignoring of the other parent. Keep him involved and she'll outgrow it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards