Wedding Woes

Accidently Over-Invited!!! :s

When my fiance and I discussed the guest list for our wedding, we had a decent amount of people and stayed within our people-restriction for the reception venue. After sending out Save The Dates, my fiance said something about his cousin's five (FIVE!) children, and it came to light that he had forgotten to include a number of children in his count. Which means we are now sixteen people over our limit for the reception venue...!!!!!
 We can't un-invite guests, and we can't tell these people they aren't allowed to bring their children because I included children on my side of the guest list.

Any ideas as to what we can do about this? I'm really, really stressing!!!
Anniversary

Re: Accidently Over-Invited!!! :s

• edited December 2011
    Not everyone that you invite is going to show up to your wedding. I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of the 80 people I invited only 50 showed up. That being said it's never a good idea to over-invite. Did you invite the parents? A lot of parents assume their children are invited unless otherwise stated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • amh0384amh0384 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Yes, we invited the parents and then after the fact my fiance told me about the children. So there isn't really any way out of it... Kids were included on my side, so it's not a no-kids wedding. But his forgetfulness means we have over-invited. 
     I know not everyone will show up, but it's just a huge stress on my shoulders right now...! I'm trying to think of a possible solution in case the majority of our invited guests rsvp "yes".
    Anniversary
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your venue have a side room or area that can be used for kids? It sounds like you're well within your limits for adults, so if you set up a little play room for the younger kids you should be fine. And, the children would probably have more fun that way anyway.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Usually I say never over-invited, but 16 isn't a huge number.  You'll have more than that decline.  Plus your declines could be a group of 5 instead of 2.

• edited December 2011
    You will probably be okay.  We invited 200, knowing that at least 50 weren't coming, and ended up with 130.  Obviously, everyone is different, but we knew my mom's favorite (but ollldddd) aunt and uncle out in CA weren't going to fly to PA for a wedding.  I'm pretty sure you've got people on your list like that, right?  Try not to freak out about it too much. 
    Visit The Nest!

My Planning Bio Married Bio

I'm not a newb, aka swim1011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards