Washington-Seattle
Options

Introducing myself

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for a while now, but I decided that I would finally step out of the shadows and join in the fun. :) I think I've posted maybe only once before... so perhaps I better introduce myself! 

FI and I were engaged in May, and are getting married on June 5, 2010. I'm a nurse, and he's a computer programmer. I feel very behind on wedding planning-- and the Knot checklist isn't helping! BUT I did pick up my dress yesterday after alterations, and now that it is in my possession, I'm definitely feeling like things are starting to come together. :) 

Thanks for all the advice/ideas you all have shared! I'm looking forward to participating from now on...
Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introducing myself

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello. I am actually going to school for my RN too. Happy wedding planning :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yahoo for getting the dress done!  Welcome to the board too!  As for the TK checklist, I skim it every now and then, but honestly, I pretty much ignore it. Tongue out  What else have you been able to take care of so far? 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome!! We want details! Like pp said, what other details have you taken care of?? :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI! Yes, we need details! What are your colors? do you have a  theme? What is your engagment story?
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. Glad you came out to talk to us. Congradulations on your wedding.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!! :)
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Yeah, i'm interested in your details as well. Now you just need a planning bio. For us knotties that like to lurk on them and wish we had come up w/ those ideas.....okay, maybe thats just me  Tongue out
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI! Love the details of theme and colors. I have a weird habit of loving to find stuff for other people's weddings (while completely procrastinating on mine!)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, let's see. We're having a pretty traditional afternoon church wedding, followed by a reception in the church hall. Our families live all over the country (world, actually), so most of our guests are coming from OOT, but somehow we're still looking at about 125 or so!

As far as themes go, we don't really have one, but our colors are dark purple and silver. Hm. What else do we have done? STDs just arrived in the mail the other day but I haven't gotten them addressed and sent out yet! My dress is pretty much taken care of. We've lined up a photographer.

My next project is a caterer and bridesmaid dresses, I think. :) Meanwhile, FI has recently gotten into researching honeymoon options, so I'm leaving that up to him! I suppose that I should get a bio going, too, huh!
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I forgot our engagement story! 

We met through mutual friends at a get-together shortly after I'd moved back to Seattle from PA (I grew up here but was on the east coast for 12 years), and started dating shortly thereafter. We dated for about a year and a half before he proposed, although we pretty much knew early on that we were going to get married! I suspected that he'd bought a ring, and was eagerly anticipating a proposal, but somehow he still managed to catch me off guard. :) It's kind of a long story, but anyway, he ended up proposing on the beach at Alki just after sunset on Memorial Day weekend. :)

And thanks for all the warm welcomes!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh!! Love your colors. That is going to be so pretty! And Alki after sunset, nice!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you're here!! Congratulations!! When is the big day??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh duh... June 5th... in your original post!! Well anyhoo CONGRATS!! What does your dress look like?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards