Wedding Woes

Recipe?

Does anyone have a chicken and dumplings recipe that they have tried and love? I'd prefer one where I don't need to carve up a roaster.

Re: Recipe?

• edited December 2011
    I love the one in the Joy of Cooking. I use breasts in it (I can't remember what it asks for, but I use breasts for everything. I love breasts.)
    If you don't have that cookbook I'll see if I can find the recipe for you. Bonus: it's really easy.
  • edited December 2011
    I have Joy. It tends to intimidate me. But I'll definitely check it out ;) Thanks.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crock pot chicken & dumplings:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    3 carrots, peeled & chopped
    1 onion, peeled & chopped
    Chicken bouillon/stock - 6 to 8 cups
    poultry seasoning (fresh or ground)
    salt & pepper to taste

Dump all ingredients into your crock pot and cook on low all day.

In the evening transfer your stock to a pot, shredd chicken with a fork and add all ingredients to your pot on the stove and follow directions for dumplings on the bisquick box.

I know it seems simple, but it's tasty
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have my mom's chicken/biscuit recipe somewhere at home. I'll look for you.

I only made it for DK once - he complained that it was too bland. i told him to shut up and add some hot sauce because it's essentially comfort food and isn't supposed to be spicy. 

ETA: BC's recipe is way more simple than mine, but looks like the same basic idea/ingredients. mine would be a lot more prep work. let me know if you still want it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards