Wedding Woes
Options

Five new (to me) TV shows discovered this weekend.

1) Episodes with Matt LeBlanc. Hilarious. It is about a British couple coming to Hollywood to have an American version of their show produced. Hijinks ensue. Worth a watch.

2) Shameless - I LOVE this show. It is very well written and acted.

3) The Last American Cowboy - wow. Who would have thought I would have liked a show about cattle ranchers so much. It was very interested in terms of the business and also the people and their interactions. WARNING: baby cows die left and right. Also, there is one part that will make you cry for sure, if the dead baby cows don't.

4) An Idiot Abroad - Ricky Gervais descibes this show as the most elaborate and expensive practical joke he's ever done. Nuff said.

5) Boomtown - Oil is discovered in North Dakota. This shows how this impacts the lives of people living in a previously depressed (economically) town. There is a seemingly inverse relationship between a person's connection to the land and their feelings about the oil. For example, people working in retail think it is great (because town citizen are spending more), however, rachers HATE it, because they oil companies are taking or otherwise ruining their land. Very interesting.

Re: Five new (to me) TV shows discovered this weekend.

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What channels are these on? I need new TV. We watch an average of 6 hours of Law and Order every weekend because there's nothing else on the DVR.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't like Idiot Abroad at all. But perhaps it's because I don't like travel in the first place, and it's like watching me bitch and moan about not being at home in my routine. 

Also, Science Channel promised me 5 straight days of How It's Made, and then interrupted for Idiot. Lying liars. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. HBO
    2. Showtime
    3.Animal Planet
    4. Science Channel
    5. Planet Green

H is addicted to all of the discovery channels.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Episodes. I find it hilarious, like, even just the interaction with the security guard at the mansion makes me giggle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    L - I like the assistant who lies to them all the time and the director of comedy who always looks like she just stepped in a pile of dung.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE Episodes!
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes - the comedy girl! The first episode of Episodes I kept saying "why does her face look like that? Is it supposed to be funny? Why isn't she funny?" and Man basically looked at me and said "she's the effed her way to the top girl. duh." Lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that explains it. I don't watch Discovery Networks on principle.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This is an entirely different Boomtown than the one I watched.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards