Wedding Woes

Re: Am I Wrong?

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_am-i-wrong-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:8cdb98eb-1211-482a-b9c2-49c79658d934Post:185e0fba-5ca1-488d-aa95-126fe912e2cb">Am I Wrong?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else get so frustrated with people that they don't even want to have their wedding anymore?  I am to the point where I think I would be happier not having it.  I will be so glad when it is over.  I still want to get married, it's the wedding part that I'm not happy with.  I am a super laid back girl, open to ideas and letting people help and do what they want, so I just want to know if being at this point is normal?  The issue right now is the date.  People think my date is wrong.  I didn't know that was possible.  Why is it even an issue?  I just don't understand.  I thought that weddings were supposed to be fun and a happy event.  I was sadly mistaken.  All that has been associated with my wedding is me crying in private and trying to keep my mouth shut in public.  Am I wrong or just having a pity party for myself???
    Posted by MarielandGreg[/QUOTE]

You do you. Say "fvck'em" and quit crying about it. But do keep your mouth shut in public.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_am-i-wrong-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:8cdb98eb-1211-482a-b9c2-49c79658d934Post:185e0fba-5ca1-488d-aa95-126fe912e2cb">Am I Wrong?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else get so frustrated with people that they don't even want to have their wedding anymore?  I am to the point where I think I would be happier not having it.  I will be so glad when it is over.  I still want to get married, it's the wedding part that I'm not happy with.  <strong>I am a super laid back</strong> girl, open to ideas and letting people help and do what they want, so I just want to know if being at this point is normal?  The issue right now is the date.  People think my date is wrong.  I didn't know that was possible.  Why is it even an issue?  I just don't understand.  I thought that weddings were supposed to be fun and a happy event.  I was sadly mistaken.  All that has been associated with my wedding is me crying in private and trying to keep my mouth shut in public.  Am I wrong or just having a pity party for myself???

be that laid back girl you were talking about and let the small stuff go. the date you picked is the date you picked with your FI, so they can decline your wedding if they can;t make it, and that is if you're even sending that person an invitation.

and stop sharing wedding info with people you dont want advice from.

(sidenote - i can't imagine that good people who love you are making such bad comments that you're crying. maybe you need to evaluate why you're getting so upset.)
  • Options
    Can I ask what date you have planned?

I'm pretty laid back too, but I've gotten my hackles up a few times already.  I've had to take a breath and step away from it all for a bit, stop talking to a few people about details, then relook at things from a fresh prespetive in a day or two.  It's supposed to be fun and sometimes it's not at all, especially when loved ones are snarky.

And I totally agree with both comments above :) Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree.  Don't let anyone change your mind about stuff.  That date will be your anniversary for the rest of your life.  If it's important to you, it should also be important to everyone you care about.  I noticed your wedding is in 2 years- are they saying it's too far away?  It's none of their business why you chose the day you did.

My future Mother-in-Law didn't like any decisions I made about the wedding.  Luckily she's pretty wishy washy so she wasn't really pushy about anything.  I just learned to completely disregard her opinion in every wedding decision.  She was bad-mouthing my dress to my FI, who obviously won't see it til the day of, but I don't even notice her opinions anymore.  Not even the good ones.
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Does your wedding date conflict with something else in the family that is important?  Is there another family member getting married within a week or two of your wedding? 

My SDD planned her wedding and booked everything before she told us about it.  (she was just turning 18, long story, knew we wouldn't be thrilled)  The date she had chosen was over a timeframe for which I had military orders.  It was for a senior NCO Academy and it was the one and only time my DH would have been able to attend the graduation.  My orders and attendance were non-negotiable but Dh then had to choose which one he would attend.  She ended up changing her date because she wanted me to attend.  She checked with absolutely no one when she chose a date to make sure it would work.  Is there anything like that happening with your date?

Everyone seems to have opinions about weddings and what you should and shouldn't do.  It seems to come with the territory.
  • Options
    [QUOTE] I just wish people could not have opinions and let you do whatever you want, but i guess this is something everyone goes through.

good luck with the rest of your life, yo.
  • Options
    Whats wrong wit the date you picked? Like PP said it is gonna be ur anniv for the rest of your life if you like it so waht about anyone else. When we were wedding planning I told DH i loved the way april 9th sounded and a year later I still love it lol. I mean April is beautiful in FL and we met 5 years ago in april so why not :-)  Weird but hey we all have our reasons right? I think wedding planning can be a little muuch sometimes but you are just getting started this is when it is fun. Closer it gets the more you are gonna say I cant wait for the day after. I think some issues you def have to be laid back on but ur date is something that you and ur FI need to be happy with. If they dont liek our date they dont have to come. I know the best thing that helped me when i was planning and was like F this i am gonna run off and get married (DONT do that your wedding day might not seem like it now but will be worth this stress) I would stop and think about why I was planning this wedding and what the point was. The point was all the people I care and love that could be there were going to watch me marry my best freind and love of my life. I will never forget walking down the aisle walking to marry him feeling amazing. You are in a room full of people but you feel like you are the only 2 people in the room. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards