Wedding Woes
Options

Sign me up for Medical Mysteries!

I went in for my annual exam yesterday and talked about my IUD issues, specifically the fact that you know, I get a period like every week and stuff. So my doc did the exam and said it looked like it was still positioned fine. And today my labs came back normal and amazingly I'm not anemic. But there is this whole period thing. So now I have to get an ultrasound done. I should just get this thing yanked, not tell DH, and get knocked up. Babies solve everything.

Re: Sign me up for Medical Mysteries!

• Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long have you been getting your period so often?
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks, re: IUD issues. 

I think your plan is ossum.  How can babies not make it better?  They're all cute and stuff.

Seriously though, if nothing is wrong, are you going to yank it and try something else?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PMeg - go ahead and have one for me. I like your's enough to have one of them ;)
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    It's been about a year like this. First I attributed it to just having it placed, then stopping breast feeding. Then I just sort of ignored it, and finally in August I was like this is probably not right. This was the soonest I could get in for a Well Woman visit so I figuredI'd just ride it out (terrible pun intended).
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    are you making sure you get a clean catch?  please describe your methods.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Clean catch for what? I'm not giving a urine sample. And yes, I'd like to keep it but we'll see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm experiencing something similar.

I had my IUD placed on Sept 8 and have had some form of bleeding/spotting every single day.  It's not painful, but I get crampy and then bleed like a period pretty often.  My annual exam is the 19th so I'm going to let him know then.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sign-up-medical-mysteries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:8d9b0df8-eece-47b9-9ea4-86a9249e56aePost:50d42ef3-423d-460d-9c90-eac4012f27cd">Re: Sign me up for Medical Mysteries!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm experiencing something similar. I had my IUD placed on Sept 8 and have had some form of bleeding/spotting every single day.  It's not painful, but I get crampy and then bleed like a period pretty often.  My annual exam is the 19th so I'm going to let him know then.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

I had my IUD placed in early May and it took until July for me to stop bleeding/spotting.  I went a week with nothing and then got my first PP period. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sign-up-medical-mysteries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:8d9b0df8-eece-47b9-9ea4-86a9249e56aePost:6908b5f1-5974-45d5-8354-4b354e706fe4">Re: Sign me up for Medical Mysteries!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign me up for Medical Mysteries! : I had my IUD placed in early May and it took until July for me to stop bleeding/spotting.  I went a week with nothing and then got my first PP period. 
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

I keep telling myself it's normal, but it *feels* longer than it has been.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_sign-up-medical-mysteries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:8d9b0df8-eece-47b9-9ea4-86a9249e56aePost:49fff9b7-d4ae-444a-acfe-3f4f66c655d0">Sign me up for Medical Mysteries!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went in for my annual exam yesterday and talked about my IUD issues, specifically the fact that you know, I get a period like every week and stuff. So my doc did the exam and said it looked like it was still positioned fine. And today my labs came back normal and amazingly I'm not anemic. But there is this whole period thing. So now I have to get an ultrasound done. I should just get this thing yanked, not tell DH, and get knocked up. <strong>Babies solve everything.</strong>
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

This part made me laugh my butt off. But boo for medical problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards