Wedding Woes

So upset! Have to postpone wedding until next year!

So, We were supposed to get married September 1st of this year at a beautiful winery in Waukee. Well, they are having problems with the city and don't have a capacity license or liquor license. So, we had to cancel our wedding. We've been looking EVERYWHERE for another venue but EVERYWHERE is booked until late November-December, so we are screwed. Today we finally decided that we are going to wait until next year. But I'm devestated! This sucks!!!! Just venting!!!

Re: So upset! Have to postpone wedding until next year!

• That really does suck! I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you still using the same Winery next year? If so, I would look into some kind of discount (unless somewhere in the contract they protected themself from being held responsible for this sort of thing) Also, are you losing money with any other venders because of this?

My wedding is also Sept. 1st and I cannot imagine-this close-having to start all over. My thoughts are with you! Good Luck!!

• KWCB9KWCB9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    No, we've given up on them all together. We haven't lost too much money. Most of our vendors didn't require deposits or anything luckily but it sucks!
  • I'm happy to hear you didn't lose too much money. I don't blame you for being done with them....I would be too! I hope for the best for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards