Wedding Woes
Options

Adventures in Cooking

I am quite proud of myself.  On Saturday I wanted to make hubby oxtail stew but could not find a reciepie where I had all of the ingredients so I made one up.  It was a fusion of Puerto Rican, Chinese and American flavors.

I used carrots, potatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, fresh garlic, a large Spanish Onion, portabella mushrooms, soy sauce, sugar, olive oil and corn starch.

It was delishcious.  I am no longer afraid to mess up in the kitchen and the results have been very tastey. 

Re: Adventures in Cooking

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i made a zucchini dish last year with grated zucchini, pasta, chillies, tomatoes, basil and a little bit of "EVOO". it was fantastic. You infuse the oil with the pepper, and very lightly steam the zucchini. cook the pasta as normal and mix everything together. The best part was that other than the pasta and oil, everything else came from my garden.

ETA: I mixed in shredded chicken for good measure/protein 
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make zucchini bread Wz. Then give it away. If you're giving it to people you don't like add laxative.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_adventures-cooking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9127e871-9aba-4712-828b-cc41f00536d0Post:050ee9d3-daaa-4280-826a-e34c8a7bd0a4">Re: Adventures in Cooking</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make zucchini bread Wz. Then give it away. If you're giving it to people you don't like add laxative.
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

<div>this is a good idea. zucchini bread freezes well too if you have freezer space. </div>
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_adventures-cooking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:9127e871-9aba-4712-828b-cc41f00536d0Post:050ee9d3-daaa-4280-826a-e34c8a7bd0a4">Re: Adventures in Cooking</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make zucchini bread Wz. Then give it away. If you're giving it to people you don't like add laxative.
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my suggestion. Zucchini bread, except with chocolate, not laxatives and I'll send you my address for shipping.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also: Busy oxtail doesn't sound good at all and that looks tasty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wz, hubby is going to check with his dad to see if he wants any.

BC, ask your FI is he likes Oxtail.  If so I'll give you the step by step.  It's very tastey.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Yay for cooking!

For the zucchini- I grate it and freeze.  It's not the same as fresh, but I put it in all of my pasta dishes.  You can make it into bread later, or make and freeze the bread now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards