Washington-Seattle
Options

Considering changing caterers..

Any recs?

We want to do the higher-end take on comfort food buffet thing.... and I love our catering manager but the price just seems really, really high to me.

Re: Considering changing caterers..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    have you given them a huge deposit? if so.. i would stick with them and scale back.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, they only ask for $500.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Sara if you've given them a large deposit it might not be worth the switch.  If you do look to switch, maybe check out a BBQ sort of place? 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our menu is gourmet comfort food as well. Our venue/caterer is Blue Ribbon Culinary. I know they do a lot of off-site catering as well. Their food is fantastic! I'm not sure what their pricing is for offsite catering, as our menu was part of our total wedding package. You should check them out, I highly recommend them.
    www.blueribboncooking.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $500 isn't too bad.  I do like our caterer Chef Bert - he does food for a good price and will totally customize a menu and his pricing includes service, plates, silverware, etc.  Another one to look into would beThe Upper Crust Catering - they also customize (of course most any good catering company does).  Might be worth considering and getting a quote from Tuxedos and Tennis Shoes. - Food was good, but they seemed a bit on the higher end, but that could be because of our budget.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Celebrations Catering and talk to Kristin. They're awesome over there and prices are really reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards