Wedding Woes
Options

WhyTF can I not find what I want.

I need some curtains for one of my bedrooms. I couldn't find what I wanted in the stores so I started looking for fabric. So I found some fabric I like but it's $10 a yard. Considering I'd need about 14 yards....yeah not happening. So now I'm back to the drawing board. And I'm finding that most curtains sold in stores are fugly as hell.

Re: WhyTF can I not find what I want.

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm always shopping for the house because this happens all the time. I snap things up on sale.

Which doesn't help you, of course, but I wanted to contribute. 
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    No, that's what I've been doing over that last few months. But this curtain thing is the last thing I need for one of the bedrooms and I just want it finished.
  • Options
    Leg de NicoLeg de Nico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a rod but no curtains for the living room.  I cannot decide, and most of the stuff in stores is totally fug.
    aka: nicoleg1982
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Combine finding everything in the stores ugly with being completely unable to make a decision, and welcome to my life. Are there still places that do custom window treatments, where you tell them what you want and they make it for you? It's probably expensive, but might be worth it if you can't find anything else.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

$140 for curtains isn't terrible, depending on how big/how many.  Curtains are @##$%^&* expensive!

This is pretty much why all of our curtains are solid-colored. Patterns are too hard to deal with.

• Options
    checkitnicecheckitnice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This happened to me too.  My choices were fugly or the $10/yard at JoAnn's.  If you wait or find some coupons, you can probably find the fabric for less eventually.  It's one of those things that seems so pricey, but I just bit the bullet and did it.

Custom curtains are going to cost you an arm and a leg.  Don't do that.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    Joann's sadly doesn't carry the fabric I want, because I was all prepared with my 60% off coupon. And I'm not going with custom drapes, too much money for a guest bedroom.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I can't help, I just ordered material to make drapes for the living room. $112.
  • Options
    checkitnicecheckitnice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoops.  Didn't see the part about not finding it in stores.  Have you tried Etsy?
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    I should say, $140 is just for the fabric. That wouldn't include the liner or other materials I'd need. So I'm looking at more like $180 for a guest bedroom that gets used like 15 days a year. I'd do it if it was another room.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_whytf-can-not-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:978c61f0-8172-4bd8-985c-bdc592a419eaPost:681bb0f8-f79f-4f62-bb1b-1ea0ced3b675">Re: WhyTF can I not find what I want.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a LOT of effort you are putting into these guest room used 15 days a year curtains. get plain panels and be done with it. you said yourself this is not a room that has any priority in your home.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards