Washington-Seattle
Options

I am going to go postal

I hate the post office.  I went to weigh my invites yesterday, and buy the postage for the invites & RSVPs.  Well, they told me that because my invites were "too bumpy", that I'd have to pay a 20 cent extra service fee, making each cost .81, instead of .61 to mail.  GRRRRRR.
Then additionally, they were all out of the Love stamps that I wanted for RSVPs.  So I couldn't even do that.

My delimma is this.  I did the math, and .20 extra per invite is still less than what I spent to make the belly bands (which are the bumpy part), so there's no point in taking them off.  I just have to suck it up, and pay.  BUT there are no .20 stamps that I found.  So should I just use two .44 stamps on each?  If so, should I use the Love stamps like the RSVPs?  I am sad I can't use the cute wedding cake stamp now... =(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am going to go postal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say do whatever's easiest.  Or, if you have time (which you do!) order the stamps you want from the post office's website usps.com - you should have it in a few days.  If I recall correctly they send the orders via Priority Mail.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, they have the love stamps at other POs, they just didn't at the one I was at.  There's really no good way to use the wedding cake stamp now though, is there?  I mean, not without grossly over paying? =(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I'm sorry, I just don't see a way for you to use the wedding stamp. SO weird they don't have a twenty cent stamp! I would just use 2 love stamps...or 2 wedding ring stamps since those are also .44. I do like those love stamps, that's what we used since they're our wedding colors and then put the pop of purple on the outside of the brown envelope.

Did you try a different post office to see if that one lady was just being biitchy? I REALLLy don't see how your lace belly band would make it too "bumpy" and non-machinable to require the extra postage.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree two love stamps. How lame.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purachased 10 cent stamps a few days ago. I dont know the wedding stamp because I am using vintage but can you add two 10 cent stamps? You would think they would have a 20 cent I think a postcard stamp is right around there 24 or something. Maybe you could buy those instead of the whole 44 cent ones and waste a little less moolah. Sorry
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding ring stamps are also $.44 as pp said.

You could do a wedding cake and a polar bear ($.28) but I think that'd be weirder than two wedding ring or LOVE stamps. =(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I didn't realize those were interlocking like that! Well, if you have to use two, I think that's really cute! Go with the ones Tygirl posted :D
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh!  The king & queen of hearts ARE love stamps.  I think they're just older love stamps.  I used them on my STDs, and that's what I had planned to use on my RSVPs.  I agree that it could be cute to use the king & queen together!  Glad you guys agree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost used those for our STDs but decided to use the Celebrate ones.  I like the fact that the king & queen go together - it didn't seem right to me to separate them. :)
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so you went to another one and they said it's too bumpy? that is soo weird!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think maybe you shouldn't have asked and just sent them.  I doubt they would've sent them back.  : )
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards