Wedding Woes

I can't wait for Thanksgiving

I know it's still a ways off, but this may very well be the biggest year ever.  My brother is coming home for the first time since he moved to NC 12+ years ago.  For the first time ever DH and I will be there together Wed night to Friday morning.  My BIL's brother and his family will also be there.  They are a lot of fun and we haven't seen them in years either.  Not to mention the cousins from Chicago are all coming in.

We may very well push 75 people this year!  Good thing there is an industrial kitchen and a dishwasher.

Re: I can't wait for Thanksgiving

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Anyone that is available goes down Wed.  My mom and aunt are the "executive chefs."  They oversee the turkey, dressing, noodles, and mashed potatoes.  Everyone else peels and chops.  Each family (okay each female cousin) brings a salad/casserole/cookies.  One aunt brings apps, another aunt brings pies, and my cousin's MIL that can't cook brings the rolls.

Wednesday night we have a fire pit with hot dogs s'mores and potluck.  Lots of cards, hiking, and drinking ensues.

T-day starts around noon and lasts until sometime on Friday.  More cards, hiking, and drinking ensues.  There are a lot of empty bottles (liquor/wine/beer) when we leave. 

The men are in charge of running the dishwasher and wrangling kids.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Trust that nobody would notice.  We have so many ILs that show up people don't even bat an eye. The camp director came one year and we honestly thought he was a random IL.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will also be showing up. You can introduce me as your albino cousin Miriam.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Ha BC, we are a pastey white Irish clan.  Nobody looks like an albino.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This sounds awesome. I'm really jealous!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm excited, too. I never really get pumped for the holidays, but since we'll be with H's fam and not mine, it is likely to be fun and drama free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards