Wedding Woes
Options

Packing Cubes?

Has anyone used them?  They look like they would keep your suitcase organized but I wonder if they would save any space?  Amazon is running them for 1/2 price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C0XZM4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p198_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1R2MAAPFZD0TAW1XPPQ3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Re: Packing Cubes?

• Options
    Honestly, this completely appeals to my slightly obsessive need for organizing things.

However, i don't think it would make so much of a difference in the end.  I'd just obsess over not being able to fit all my underwear in one, all tops in another, all pants in another, and them fitting perfectly.  So, I would end up not getting them.

I do think it might make a nice one night bag though.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a bad idea, but I also don't think this is worth spending money on.
    When I've packed for long trips I've used the plastic bags that you press all the air out and that's helped a lot.
  • Options
    what AF said. it seems like it would be useful, but there are cheaper alternatives. 

also, what would TSA do? I could see these getting torn apart during a luggage search. 

i usually will use a plastic grocery store bag/ziplock bag/kitchen garbage bag (for dirty clothes) to keep items separated/organized. 

• Options
    Thanks for the input.  V, I think you hit it on the head.  I would tend to do the same. 

I usually do ziploc bags for toiletries or anything that might leak and throw in a kitchen garbage bag for dirty clothes. 

They do look fun. 
  • Options
    Eh, I don't use them. I see the appeal and I think Rick Steves recommends them so there's that. But honestly, it just seems like a waste of money. I can pack my bags quickly and use the space efficiently without them.
  • Options
    Thanks PMeg - I was hoping you would respond since you travel(ed) so often.  I used to be faster/better at packing when I did it more often.  I really need to get my travel size toiletries back in shape then it's just grab and go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards