Wedding Woes
Options

Do people really buy meat from a van?

I guy came by yesterday trying to sell meat from his van.  I'm seeing him around the neighborhood today to.  Do people really buy meat this way?

Re: Do people really buy meat from a van?

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apparently it's a pretty common practice. Swanson brand or some such thing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did, a few times in PHX. We liked it. Not super amazing quality or anything, but it was slightly cheaper than the supermarket in our neighborhood. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

This wasn't the Schwan guy, it was some random company I've never heard of.

My sister does Schwan for some stuff, but it always looks expensive.

• Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is some guy who keeps coming to our house on the weekends. he looks sketch because it's a pick up truck with some sort of freezer built into the back. NO.

We get all kids of solicitors because it's a brand new neighborhood.

I don't want your truck meat and I don't want your framed "art". Get off my lawn! :::shakes cane:::
    imageimage
  • Options
    mistydawn123mistydawn123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I told them  I was a vegan and he grabbed his croch and replied I have a big carrot for you then.  I shut and locked the door, they never came back though.

• Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_people-really-buy-meat-van?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9e214644-1bae-4ff7-a817-62b8f2ef16c3Post:0f1586c1-2d60-4223-9f4f-1984ab9aa3f7">Re: Do people really buy meat from a van?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told them  I was a vegan and he grabbed his croch and replied I have a big carrot for you then.  I shut and locked the door, they never came back though.
    Posted by mistydawn123[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>WHAT.</div>
    imageimage
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

lol @ the lurker.

We used to buy shrimp from the backs of trucks.  But that's pretty standard on the gulf coast - they're basically fresh from the boat.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I buy tacos from a truck.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_people-really-buy-meat-van?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9e214644-1bae-4ff7-a817-62b8f2ef16c3Post:0f1586c1-2d60-4223-9f4f-1984ab9aa3f7">Re: Do people really buy meat from a van?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told them  I was a vegan and he grabbed his croch and replied I have a big carrot for you then.  I shut and locked the door, they never came back though.
    Posted by mistydawn123[/QUOTE]

What the what?! 

Uh, the only 'meat' truck I know of is the Schwan's guy.  I would be very leery of anyone else trying to sell meat door to door.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw a crab truck the other day. The people trying to sell the crab from the truck were dressed like pirates. It was not a refridgerated truck and I live at least 3-4 hours from the ocean. EW.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards