Wedding Woes
Options

confession.

i have been making my meatballs with kraft fresh take packets of italian paremsean blend, and they have never tased so good. 2 pounds ground beef, 2 eggs, one packet of the fresh take.

i also haven't been frying them because it's a pain to have to clean the stovetop and watch that they don't catch on fire, so i bake them uncovered for 30 minutes at 350, and then finish them off in a quick sauce on the stove. i leave them in the sauce for the few hours it takes the sauce to cook.

i swear, these are the best meatballs i have ever eaten.

Re: confession.

• Options
    I make mine by pulling them out of the freezer. 

Your way sounds pretty easy though so maybe I'll try it.
  • Options
    We bake ours as well, it's just so much easier and I really don't think there's that much of a flavor difference.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but we bake and then finish off with a quick broil.

I'll have to check out the blend.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i haven't noticed a difference in flavor either, but i like mine is tomato sauce. if i want to eat a fried meatball, obviously baking them is not going to make them as wonderful as they are when they are fried.

6, it was very easy. i made a huge batch yesterday on a 15 minute break, and since sauce is easy to make (throw it all into a pot and cook for a few hours), i had wonderful dinner last night and lunch today. and probably more dinner. meatballs in tomato sauce with rice is turning out to be my new favorite comfort food.
  • Options
    I bake mine too. Then put the leftovers in the freezer and take out as many as I need. My last batch wasn't so tasty so maybe I'll try the Kraft stuff.
  • Options
    BUT ARE THEY FLAT!?!?!?!?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    i bought them because of a sale and a coupon, and i originally tried to bread chicken strips with them. it wasn't so great. but they take a while to go bad, so they have been sitting in my fridge for a month or so.

it's probably more economical to buy the cheese, breadcrumbs and spices separately and then you have them for a while, but the amoounts of cheese and spices in the mix is actually pretty good. it was definitely worth buying on sale.
  • Options
    I just brown my meatballs a little bit in a pan to get them a little crispy, then I bake them.  But I only make meatballs for special occasions so this doesn't happen very often.
  • Options
    I have never made meatballs. I'm just not a big fan on balls.
  • Options
    I love that fresh take stuff.  I use the burger one to make meatloaf.  It's quite good.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    i have to say, they actually aren't all that flat! i mean, adurr, they are sitting on a flat surface, so they flatten a little, but these are some nice round balls i got here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards