Washington-Seattle
Options

Anyone doing Black Friday?

I used to pick one store (like Express) and go get the free gift, but the last few years I've done some bargain hunting online from the safety of my own home. People are crazy!

If you're going--what's your game plan??

If you're hitting the old Internet--what stores look good??

Re: Anyone doing Black Friday?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My plan is to hit the internet, but I really don't have a game plan, just hope what I already plan to purchase is on sale. I know Apple does a black friday special online, so anyone that wants an ipod you can usually get at least 10 bucks off.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about trying to go to Macy's, but I think if I wait until late friday afternoon or evening that the crowds will have died down. I really need to get a suitcase and get going on my Christmas shopping
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, never done Black Friday.  No appeal to me and the chaos is amusing to watch, but I don't like being in it.  But I will say from the years I worked at Home Depot, if you need to get something for FI, brother, dad, etc from a hardware store, good day to go!  I went to Lowes a few years ago to get a Shop Vac for FI and they had plenty of them and the place was slow!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm debating swinging by Home Depot before I have to go into work for my half day on Friday to get a present for FI.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ou!  Good call, Jolene!  I need to go to home depot and get my sleigh! 

I am one of those nuts that do the 4am shopping thing!  Never really have a game plan...I just like to go and watch the crazies.
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to Portland this year and my Mom and SIL like to do it - Michael's and Joann's especially. Amusingly, the only things I've purchased the times I've gone with them are things for myself! I haven't heard back from SIL if we're doing it this year or not but the guys aren't, apparently they're going fishing.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im going to Kohls...hoping to get some good sales on picture frames and xmas gifts for the FI. :) Here's to getting up at 4 am!! oy.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm going to target i think. but who knows. i'll probably want to sleep in.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are both going. We are probably going to wait to go until about 8 am. I'm not a big fan of getting up really early and waiting in line.

I have gone the last 2 years and both times have been really lucky with getting some good deals.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Luckily I have the majority of my shopping done.  Although we are going Friday afternoon-evening to finish up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the Outlet Stores up North last year.
    We started around 11pm  on Thursday and got home around 3am. It was fun but we were shopping for ourselves since we finish our Christmas shopping by September.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards