Wedding Woes

Neighbor Gossip - sickening

I could go give this guy junkpunch right now.

Neighbor's wife died of advanced stage melanoma three weeks ago.

Yesterday, neighbor asks the bookkeeper/friend he shares with another neighbor if it was too soon to bring in his new lady friend and merge their finances.
MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Neighbor Gossip - sickening

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ugh. I hope there were no kids involved. Even grown kids. That's traumatic.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It may seem very quick to you, but who knows how long ago he said goodbye. 
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If you say goodbye while your spouse is still alive and start scanning for replacements, then you're a d*ckhole, plain and simple.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know.  I worked with a guy whose wife had two rounds of cancer.  The second round lasted for a long time and she was mentally gone long before the end.  He remarried very quickly.  It seemed sick, but the more I saw and heard them the more I understood.
  • edited December 2011
    Actually 6, I get what your saying. I failed to add that she was only diagnosed 3 months ago. However, 3 months or 3 years I think he still would have moved on just as quickly. His first wife died from a blood clot and he remarried within a year of her death.

But, to want to move in the new GF 3 months after the wife's death, and a week after friends, family, and coworkers from the local cancer society held a memorial service at his home is just nuts.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Okay, that I will certainly say is sick.

Like I said with co-worker it was the second round, she was sick for well over a year, and had lost all mental capacity several months before she died.
  • edited December 2011
    You know this happens more than you would think.

That's just janky.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gah.

this happened to a friend of mine.  his relationship with his father is, to say the least, strained.  (his wife would not allow grandpa to hold his grandchildren.  true story.)
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's terrible.  :(  Do you know if he and his wife who just died had kids together?  Or if she had kids of her own? 

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds to me like this new lady friend was around long before the wife was even diagnosed. Gross.
  • edited December 2011
    He has two adult sons and she left behind one adult son.  The husband's oldest son didn't get along with her. He had a hard time with his father moving on so quickly. It didn't help that second wife removed all photos and other reminders of first wife from the house. Son found those items stashed in an old pickup truck while he was here for second wife's memorial.

Second wife raised her son alone. According to another neighbor, the son's father came from a wealthy family in Australia. They met while in college and when she fell pregnant the response from the father was basically, "How's that my problem?" and off he want back to Australia.

Maybe I should send this to Days of Our Lives?
  • edited December 2011
    you can't judge people unless you've been there. You really can't know how he feels. You're right that it is really fast but unless the man has given off real creep vibes before he's probably just trying to deal with his grief. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh woops I didnt see it was only three months!! Well it must be a grief thing...???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Heather Wood, the more posts of yours I read, the more I'm convinced that you've earned this:

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wasn't there a Hallmark movie about some lady in the old west who was dying and ran out to find her husband a new wife? Wasn't that new wife Katherine Heigl?

This is the only thing I have to add to this post.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards