Washington-Seattle

Mother/Daughter Dance?

Hello! I'm new to posting here though I've visited a few times appreciating everyones ideas, advice, and thoughts. So Thank you in advance! We are actually having a daytime wedding in just a few weeks. We have everything planned for the most part, but I would like to fit in a mother/daughter dance and don't quite know how. My parents divorced when I was 3 and though my Dad has always been in the picture (at a distance) my Mother was my primary parent and I would like a chance to acknowledge that she's "giving me away" too, I love "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood.. which would be perfect but I dont want it to be a show all about me (ie-first dance, father/daughter, mother/daughter) nor do I want our guests to get bored if/when we add a mother/son dance in there too. They're both walking me down the aisle, but How can I best acknowledge my Mom at the reception or at least get her a chance to dance in the spotlight??

Re: Mother/Daughter Dance?

• Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this.  We called it the mother dance, and was the kick off to everyone dancing.  The DJ announced it as the mother dance, about 30 seconds in, after my mom had had her moment with me, my husband brought his mom out, and shortly there after we switched...i danced with his mom, and he danced with mine.  then the DJ invited everyone out.  It worked great!
  • edited December 2011
    I would have the DJ cut each of the songs down to a minute or so. That would keep it moving and get to the group dancing.  I like the pp's idea of using it as a segue to the reception dancing!  Sounds fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards