Wedding Woes
Options

Historical fashion question

When were those really long suit jackets popular for women?  Think mid-thigh.  Rumor has it that one of my co-workers is sporting one today.  Even though I haven't worked in the same office with this person for 6 years I know exactly the suit of which we speak and remember thinking that it looked horribly outdated then. 

1992?

90% of her wardrobe looks like she bought it in high school, so that would be about right. But the suit is getting everyone excited that she might be interviewing for a job elsewhere at lunch.  

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Historical fashion question

• Options
    is she wearing this underneath?  if so, then it was indeed 1992.
    http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/topic_photo/Candice_Bergen/552caa06eb2a0636bd7b704aba79af51/
  • Options
    She would love that. 

But is is probably something shiny like this but with more pilling:

And this facial expression:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Late 90s, early aughts. I remember my BFF wanted one, but because she's so tall, she had a devil of a time finding one. And I remember thinking that I could never wear one, because I am not tall at all. 
  • Options
    I say more 1991-1995.
  • Options

I hope there aren't any pictures out there of me in my work wear from 1995-2000 - I'm sure there were outfits like this. I worked at a bank and had to dress in conservative business attire, and I also had the tendancy to dress like an old lady.   It's no wonder I wasn't getting laid.

• Options
    I'd say early to mid-90s.

Those suits for women were just ridiculous. That being said, I had one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I bought a hideous suit that I wore on my first day at my real job.  And then I spent most of the day trying to hide behind columns and in the bathroom.  Then I burned the suit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVED those suits.  I had a fabulous one that was a dress or slacks/shirt with the jacket matching both of them.  With a high heel and that jacket, I totally looked taller and loved it.  I probably had about 4 different suits with those long jackets and I have often wanted them to come back in fashion.  These short, hitting at the waist jackets do nothing for my figure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards