Wedding Woes

Destination wedding vs. Local wedding

Hi,
  So I have been engaged since April and haven't been able to set a date yet!  My frustration is finding a venue. Originally, my fiance and I had thought about a destination wedding but I didn't want to leave the country (as I know my family would probably not leave the states). So, I found a great venue in Key West, FL.  My fiance's mother thought Key West was a horrible place to get married and at first, my fiance didn't like it either. So, for the past month, I've been on a hunt to find a local venue to get married, just something unique and not 'cookie cutter' ballroom.  However, none of the places that I have looked at have been what I am looking for or WAY to expensive, so now I am back to Key West. My fiance finally agrees and now I'm the one wavering.  We would be having a small wedding anyway (about 75people MAX) if it was local, so I'm sure that number would only drop if we went away.  I am just worried that no one will come and it will be a boring wedding if we go to Key West. I just can't make up my mind. Any opinions on the matter? I just want to have a fun, beautiful wedding.
Thanks!

Re: Destination wedding vs. Local wedding

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds to me like you want to hold your wedding in Key West, and the thing that is holding you back is concern about the number of attendees. Regardless of how many people attend, or where you hold your wedding, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

It's not the number of people that make a wedding fun, but instead, it is having all the people closest to you with you and your FI on one of the most important days of your lives. I'm sure your wedding won't be boring, no matter where you decide to have it. Also, with fewer guests, you'll have more time to spend individually with your friends and family throughout the day.

Your loved ones who make the trip will be thrilled to celebrate with you and your new husband, and that will make the day wonderful.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
     I totally agree I am also having a destination wedding in Mexico and making it into a week long celebration with a 20 people max. I was upset that many people were not able to go but in the end its what makes you happy its your day and the people who want to be there will be there. 
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't need a lot of people to have a great wedding, but have you spoken to the people that are most important to you?  If some of those people will not be able to make the trip, you may want to reconsider.  If everybody that you consider "essential" guests will be able to go, then don't worry about the fact that it might be small.
    Married 10/2/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards