Wedding Woes
Options

Min

We haven't played your outfit of the day game in a while.

Have you given up on asking for our advice?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Min

• Options
    I have given up caring.

FWIW - today I am wearing low rise jeans (so I don't rub the incisions lowest on my abs - it is all about that these days), a Univ t-shirt and my black chucks. This is pretty much my uniform anymore.

Really, I am the unhappiest I have been that I can ever remember and just getting to work is a challenge. Ef what I look like.
  • Options
    Oh I hope things get better for you soon. In the meantime, you rock your chucks. I love mine.
  • Options
    Things will get better. I know it is just being here (location and job).

My relationship with H is the strongest ever, we really enjoy each other's company, I love our little family, I enjoy my work with the rescue - it's just not where I want to be, physically and occupationally, right now. Plus, the added stress of the being the sole bread winner is getting to me in a way I never considered.

It'll be OK. And if it's not, my chucks will kick someone's butt ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_min-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a5885c69-218d-46d0-9785-e3b2dde1873cPost:ae40ca39-65c5-4515-a63b-5d90c89dacc5">Re: Min</a>:
    [QUOTE]Things will get better. I know it is just being here (location and job). My relationship with H is the strongest ever, we really enjoy each other's company, I love our little family, I enjoy my work with the rescue - it's just not where I want to be, physically and occupationally, right now. Plus, the added stress of the being the sole bread winner is getting to me in a way I never considered. It'll be OK. And if it's not, my chucks will kick someone's butt ;)
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

<div>Min, I could've written (part of) this. I'm pretty miserable, but for the exact opposite reason you are. However, our marriage is the best it's ever been, and I find myself appreciating time with him and the Tobes more than ever. I'm also looking forward to working with this rescue more often. I'm turning into a big damn sap these days.</div>
  • Options
    Things will get better. Especially because things with you and H are so good.

Has he had any luck so far?
  • Options
    I know things will get better. Thank you for the reminder though. It always helps.

He went to one interview in an acceptable state/location. No word from them, yet. (i think it is either a funding issue - as in, they don't know what is up, yet OR they offered it to someone else and that person hasn't accepted/rejected the offer).

He had an interview here the day after my appendix was out for a part-time gig and he was also offered some online work, also part-time from his alma mater. So, chances are, he is going to end up cobbling together a couple part time jobs here. This makes me sad (because I want to be able to leave ASAP and have as few ties here as possible), but I am staring down the barrel of what will likely be thousands of dollars in medical bills, so we'll do what we have to do.

We've talked about where we would like to end up and we agree on that. We've talked about going back to Texas (less than ideal, MUCH better than here) at least for the interim and build up our resumes some more. The best thing about the situation is that we are in it together, he knows I don't resent him, I just hate it here, and we are both working on getting out.

I'm just really lonely and (or because) I don't fit in at all here (in this state or this organization). Austin is a city where I could really see myself. Their motto is "keep Austin weird" and I love that. I want somewhere that I can be weird, there is  a great music scene, and there are lots of little independent places (not chains as far as the eye can see).

Maybe some day. Whew, that got long. Sorry.
  • Options
    I'm sure things will work out, and the stress on you will ease a bit once he's working again, at least part time.

Is he planning on teaching?

Austin always sounded like a cool city to me. I'm not sure that I could handle the temperature during the summer, but other than that, everyone who lives there seems to love it. We're working with a candidate who said that she's interested in a particular job, but she will not, under any circumstances, leave Austin for more than a couple weeks of travel at a time.

Good luck with everything. And feel free to kick someone's ass while wearing your Chucks. You'll be able to get away faster, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards