AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm always up for a butt grab.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If both are single, I guess. I don't know - the only butt grabbing I've ever been involved in has been with H. 

I do know I wouldn't need him to stand up for me if someone touched me without my permission, though. 
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    I really, really don't like being touched.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure why slashes showed up randomly, but I guess for me it depends on the person.

When I wrote this poll I was thinking of Creepy Guy in the group who has now (as a married man) made sexual advances at 2 women in the group who are not his wife (1 married, 1 not) and when *he* does it I want to judo chop.

But in thinking it out I guess it's kind of prudish in general (not for creepy guy, he's still creepy and out of line)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See, I don't mind flirting, but ass-grabbing seems so blatantly sexual that I just feel like it probably shouldn't be done unless you mean it, you know? And if you do, you'd better be sure that the grab-ee is going to like it, too. 

Kuus, I don't like being touched, either. We managed to eliminate touching each other at the Kiss of Peace in choir, and the new people look at us like we're freaks, but I'm all, "Hellz, no, I'm not taking your stranger-danger germs home!" 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_another-poll-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a6bb3157-f01b-4704-96cf-72177fe44a23Post:e586acca-4f9f-4f88-9f00-e6c18d68f38e">Re: Another Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE] I do know I wouldn't need him to stand up for me if someone touched me without my permission, though. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

Yes! I'm shocked by the number of grown, professional women that let things slide so they don't "make waves" I would be making waves. Lots and lots of them.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In that case, I would say Creepy Guy is not a "friend," and so yes, I would want to judo chop him.

There's a lot of "it depends," really - which friend, who's grabbing whose butt, circumstances, environment, blood alcohol level, etc. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, and also, it's *my* body, not his. Why is he defending it? It feels so - sexist icky. Like, "Keep your hands off my woman!" Ew. No. 
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    It does depend.   I guess I don't hang out with many "creepy guys" so I didn't take that into consideration.   I try to avoid "creepy guy" situations from the getgo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kuus, does this mean you will side eye my hug? You know I'm a hugger.

How do you feel about high fives?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creepy guy used to not be creepy, but then he got married and bitter.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    I'll hug any of you on this board.  Hell, I'll even give the okay to hmonkey touching my hair.  Just don't grab my butt. 
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Among my best friends we are constantly touching each other... however, once someone gets grabby in a non-friendly, non-joking way, they get the smackdown. A friendly butt-grab is completely different from a skeazy butt grab.

Heh, one of my guy friends, A, was dating this chick, C. He was up at the bar with our other friend L who was in a long term relationship with J. When he got back from the bar, to the table, C was FURIOUS at him and spent the rest of the night texting and sulking... apparently L had grabbed A's butt at the bar and this made C enraged. Funny thing is, neither A nor L remember any such event. That's how usual butt grabs are in our group. We don't even notice when we do it to each other anymore.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kuus, you don't know what you just started.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards