Washington-Seattle
Options

Drinking Glasses

So I am trying to figure out my entire rental list. My caterer doesnt supply glassware  of any type. So do I rent glasses, toasting flutes, etc... or do I buy plastic. We have decided to have a keg, a few different spiked punch (spodies), Juice boxes and waters bottles, and then the caterer supplies cucumber water and lemonade. Oh they do supple everything for coffee. Anyhow what would you do rent all the glassware? If so which types and how many? Our guest list is 150. Or should we just buy plastic. And if so where do i put the cups. Stacked on the table???? Oh thanks so much you girls are life saviors

Re: Drinking Glasses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    um, for the keg and spodie i think plastic cups would be fine. it just really depends on what you are goign for. It just really depends what is in your budget and if you don't care to waste that much plastic.. :) I would have glass cups/wine glasses also for water and wine. If you do do plastic for the kegs and spodie I'd have them by whoever is serving that.. so over by the kegs and spodie. Or are you guys just letting people get their own?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to be environmentally friendly as much as possible. I really detest throwing away plastic, so of course I would recommend renting. Alternately, at least find compostable/biodegradable plastic which I had hunted down once upon a time for not too much more.

I can't remember your venue and didn't see it mentioned on your bio (but I'm also slow this morning after a poor night's sleep). If you are going for a little fancier, I would ditto Sarack and rent glass for the non-alcoholic. Otherwise, just do plastic for all. sorry, not much help today.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue is lust an outdoor park on a lake. i have to rent everything. AHHH! I really hate throwing away all that plastic but I am getting very low on funds so I am having to go for the cheapest route lately. I will defiantly have a recycle can too. And have my brother haul it to my house for recycle. ooh maybe we will just bring my huge recycle can from home LOL. I think I am going to go with sarack suggestion and just do glass at the table then plastic by the alcohol.

sarack- yes it will be self serve. or maybe  i will have someone watch over it??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are low on funds, unfortunately, glass is not the way to go.  I really wanted real everything.  I think we've compromised to real plates/silverware but not real glass.  I want to say we priced out I think 90 cents per glass?  So multiply that by 150 people.  Then you have to realize, each person is going to use more than one glass most likely.  People forget where they put their drinks, or whose was whose.  Also, glass breaks.  My caterer told us that the one thing clients ALWAYS have extra charges for at the end are broken glasses (rental companies charge about $7 for each that they have to replace).  And finally, something I didn't factor in either, is that caterers charge an extra labor fee for the rented dishware, because it has to be washed before it goes back.  I don't know if your caterer would do this (we're getting rentals through our caterer), but it's something to consider.
    I think that because your wedding is outside & less formal, you can totally get away with plastic drinkware.  Just be sure to keep the recycling bins handy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about something like these?
    http://www.biodegradablestore.com/pp/corn_cups/pp_bio_10_corn_C_S.html
    I don't know what your budget is, but these are 50 for $5 if you order 200 and I think you said guest list was 150 so that allows for extra. Don't know what shipping is though. I mean, that does work out to 50 cents + per cup but cheaper than glass and you wouldn't feel so bad about throwing away plastic since it can go in yard waste.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I saw enviornmentally friendly disposable ware at Party City for, as KS mentioned, not much more than the regular stuff: http://www.partycity.com/category/shop+by+color/eco+friendly+tableware.do
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards