Wedding Woes
Options

DG: Potty related

i started casually training miles over the summer (he turned 3 in september) with mixed results.  it wasn't until after he turned 3, and the baby had been around, that he really started to get it. 

he's still not all the way potty trained.  but he rarely has a wet accident.  the biggest issue right now is pooping.  if you don't catch him right before he poops, he'll go in his underwear.  also, he's still wearing pull ups at night time.  but i'm thinking i'm going to take those away when the package runs out.  he's gotten in the habit of not getting out of bed in the morning to pee.  i know he can do it because many times his pull up was dry in the morning. 

Re: DG: Potty related

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Bacon wasn't trained until she was 4, and we had to discipline her to get her to do it. I wouldn't worry about a 2-y-o boy not being trained yet, honestly. 
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it shouldn't bother me, but it still does. Another friend said "just wait until they tell you they want to."  Yeah, his kid was FOUR. 

Mostly, I don't want to pay for 2 more years of diapers when I really shouldn't have to.

Then again, if I wait another year for him, then maybe I can potty train them both at once (Des will be 2+) and be better off overall.

Dex just moved into the 2yo room at daycare this week, too. He'll see a lot more pottying going on than when he was in the 15-24m room.  I hope he catches on.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you really can't force this kind of thing.  regurdless of your not wanting to shell out more for diapers.  he'll do it when he's ready. 

remember this, they don't ask you when you were potty trained on college applications. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard from many, many moms that it's far easier to wait then to force it.  If 6let hits 3 we'll start pushing more, but I figure anytime before then is a bonus.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dg-potty-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ac0dc549-ddda-41ff-8bbc-87463de71a9cPost:11832019-38ef-4fb3-b191-3284d3dfb29f">Re: DG: Potty related</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dex just moved into the 2yo room at daycare this week, too. He'll see a lot more pottying going on than when he was in the 15-24m room.  I hope he catches on.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]
    I know I'm early in this process AND my kid isn't in daycare yet, so you can stop reading now and I'll understand.  But FWIW, I've heard from several people that seeing other kids using the bathroom is BIG motivation for some kids.  Maybe wanting to fit in will work in your favor here, unlike the teen years.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please add me to the "I know nothing about this topic" but 4 sound hella old to not poop on the potty to me.

I understand accidents, of course.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dg-potty-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:ac0dc549-ddda-41ff-8bbc-87463de71a9cPost:0c1c9acc-9032-496a-996f-1953abf39407">Re: DG: Potty related</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DG: Potty related : I know I'm early in this process AND my kid isn't in daycare yet, so you can stop reading now and I'll understand.  But FWIW, I've heard from several people that seeing other kids using the bathroom is BIG motivation for some kids.  Maybe wanting to fit in will work in your favor here, unlike the teen years.
    Posted by Heffalump[/QUOTE]
    This worked on my brother. <div>
    </div><div>He was 3.5, I think, and had this enemy at nursery school - Blaine. Well, we're on the beach one day, and Blaine strolls by in a diaper. My mom turns to Bro and says, "Oh, look, Blaine's still in diapers, too!" </div><div>
    </div><div>Bro was potty trained the next day. (Which my mother knew - that he knew how to train, but he didn't want to.)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dg-potty-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:ac0dc549-ddda-41ff-8bbc-87463de71a9cPost:2b3d6aad-1b4d-4a2e-bc94-d8d701edffa1">Re: DG: Potty related</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please add me to the "I know nothing about this topic" but 4 sound hella old to not poop on the potty to me. I understand accidents, of course.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]
    It was, NOLA, that's why we disciplined. <div>
    </div><div>But 2 isn't. A lot happens between 2 and 4. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Agreed.

• Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was peer pressure that worked for Autumn. One day a little girl who was already PT told her that she wore baby diapers. After that she was ready to put a lot more effort into it and within days she was using the potty.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards