Wedding Woes
Options

re: unrestrained infants/children

There used to be a national group who would send literature about the dangers of unrestrained children.

You could report a driver (send in a plate #, date/time/location that you observed the incident), and they would look up the registration and mail them a packet of info.  It wasn't like repoting them to the police, but you still got to feel like you were doing something.

Another place I lived, the local hospital would do the same.  Again, just report what you saw and when/where, and they would send out literature.

I *really* like the idea of this, but I think the national group has disbanded, and I haven't heard of a hospital doing this in years.  Maybe I should start my own group?

In related news, a cop was taking a report from me about a super-minor fender bender (really, no bent fenders - just a scratch) in a BK parking lot once, and watched 3 adults and 7 children get ouf of a standard sedan.  Obviously not enough seat belts to go around (and most of the children were carseat-aged).  He just signed and continued with my scratch report like he had no authority to do anything about it.  It was sad.

Re: re: unrestrained infants/children

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I call the sheriff when I see it.  Life is slow around here.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bff's MIL doesn't understand why children have to be restrained. She's constantly asking bff why she bothers with a carseat for her DD.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    There's something in Arizona about it being legal for people to ride in the back of pickup trucks. It still makes me mad though when I see people with kids in the back of pickup trucks in the grocery store parking lot and schit. Inevitably, there is always a Confederate flag sticker on the car as well.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_re-unrestrained-infantschildren?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:acb16eca-e8da-4838-ba55-90b149ec0579Post:c25aec0e-8805-424f-a4be-fad75143fd05">Re: re: unrestrained infants/children</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's something in Arizona about it being legal for people to ride in the back of pickup trucks. It still makes me mad though when I see people with kids in the back of pickup trucks in the grocery store parking lot and schit. Inevitably, there is always a Confederate flag sticker on the car as well.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

They do this in AZ, too?  I thought it was just around here.  When I got my NC license, I actually missed a question on my driver's test about how many people you're allowed to have in the bed of a pickup truck, or the minimum age, or something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF are people doing with confederate flag stickers in Arizona?
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    WTF are people thinking in general with Confederate flags Duckis? Stupid doesn't know state lines.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    please to be remembering that former senator george allen wore a confederate flag pin in his high school photo -- in california.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So do these rednecks still try to fall back on the ridiculous "it's our heritage" defense, or do they at least admit that they're dirty disgusting racists?
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know Duckis. Next time I see one would you like me to interview them? I don't really make it a habit to befriend people who have Confederate flags on their vehicles.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    the "it's our heritage" would explain why "lady antebellum" chose that name.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't suggest you befriend them, no. But if I was in a mean enough mood I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself from asking one of them if they even knew what the confederacy was.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heritage.  It's all about the heritage.

Unfortunately, I see Confederate flags, stickers, or pins pretty much daily.  And people riding around in the beds of trucks.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    That's the difference between you and I. If I was in a mean enough mood, I'd just figure out a way to get the fecker arrested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_re-unrestrained-infantschildren?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:acb16eca-e8da-4838-ba55-90b149ec0579Post:074d813f-edf1-4f0c-b494-0b0acffa81f9">Re: re: unrestrained infants/children</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heritage.  It's all about the heritage. Unfortunately, I see Confederate flags, stickers, or pins pretty much daily.  And people riding around in the beds of trucks.
    Posted by fishgirl77[/QUOTE]

IT'S NOT HERRITAGE WHEN THE STATE YOU LIVE IN WAS NOT PART OF THE CONFEDERACY. Arizona didn't even get statehood until 1912.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    But the last battle of the Civil War was fought at Picacho Peak. Or some late battle. Or something. You see how much I care about Arizona history. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards