Wedding Woes
Options

hmo, TT

How was passover?

I made a yummy lemon curd cake topped with raspberries and it was a hit. The potato kugel was disappointing this year, but the zucchini kugel was pretty good. And the asparagus was mushier than anything.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: hmo, TT

• Options
    We only went to 1 seder. There is stuff going on with my family and I didn't want to be a part of it.

the one seder we went to was my ILs' friends'. They do it every year in a restaurant. it was a 5 minute reading of the story and then on to Italian food. I'm not sure where in Egypt eggplant parm or shrimp occurred.

The second night was our anniversary so we opted to spend the evening alone together at home.
  • Options
    We only did the first night as well. To tell you the truth, Italian food at a restaurant sounds far better than MIL's mushy vegetables. I'm convinced that's one of the main reasons that DH hates vegetables. If I were served mushy things like that, I would never have touched a vegetable.
  • Options
    ew.

It was weird not going to a second seder. This is the first time in my entire life I've only been to one. It makes me feel a little itchy.
  • Options
    We had the option to go to the second one. It was at Jason's grandmother's boyfriend's son's house. They have a big fluffy dog, and there was no way I could have handled that.

Also, last night was the first night of DH's golf league and I had yoga class, so we were happy to skip. And I'm having them all over for dinner on Easter, so we'll see them again.
  • Options
    no seder this year -- i had class that night.  i was tres sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards