Wedding Woes
Options

Question?

Would you tolerate an adult child who lives in your house and 'supports' themself with disability payments because of their mental illness who hits you?

Re: Question?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you say hit?

Does this person not know that there are state run homes? Let them hit me again.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What.

No.  I would not. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hits? Nope that "kid" would be out of my house.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :: changes will, crosses out "sister" as baby mo guardian, writes in "nola" ::
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think I'd have to know a little more info before saying for sure...    But off hand I'd say no.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhm, no. Adult children do not live at home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

i have never seen -- in irl or on tv -- a single person who was living on disability and actually disabled.

• Options
    thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dad is on permantent disability.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sure hope not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_question-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:afe4f872-aca1-48f8-8333-302eaedc5dcbPost:7868130d-7fc1-49c3-829d-96669e5b3dff">Re: Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have never seen -- in irl or on tv -- a single person who was living on disability and actually disabled.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm betting you probably have or do... this goes in the 'well, people don't ADVERTISE it' camp.</div><div>I've known a few but they didn't exactly tell people "oh, between her health issues and my gimp leg and imminent demise, we're living on g'vt cheese'</div><div>
    </div><div>While cheaty McMoocherson laughs about it publicly, all the way to the bank.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know people that were on it for a period of time and went back to work or people that have major developmental challenges, but that's it.

I do enjoy those secret stings that they do showing people cutting their grass or power walking, and they're not suppose to be able to stand or bend. Too funny.
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also, disability isn't always due to physical issues - not that there aren't people out there trying to game the system.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards