Wedding Woes
Options

Oh my.

This is an extremely broad topic I know can generate a lot of different answers, but, ive only been in planning for 2 weeks and my MIL is already trying to COMPLETELY dictate my guest list. How do I keep her behind a fair line and keep from losing my sanity?
When it happens, it happens.

Re: Oh my.

• Options
    Is she paying? If not, she has no say in the guest list, and you should speak up for yourself and tell her so.

If she is paying, you can either decline her financial contribution and plan the wedding you and your FI can afford to pay for on your own, or you can live with the fact that by contributing money to the affair, she does get a say in who is invited.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_oh-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:b0e81545-3fc1-427a-b91d-cab5c46004c2Post:40d0114b-8422-43f2-ac78-6822b34505cd">Oh my.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an extremely broad topic I know can generate a lot of different answers, but, ive only been in planning for 2 weeks and my MIL is already trying to COMPLETELY dictate my guest list. How do I keep her behind a fair line and keep from losing my sanity?
    Posted by rtellis[/QUOTE]

"MIL, we haven't made any decisions on budget or location yet.  When we do we will let you know how many people you can invite."

Regardless of who is paying your ILs should get some invites.  I'm sure there are some friends and family they would enjoy celebrating with.
  • Options
    Ditto, 6.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards