Wedding Woes

Netflix Instant

is going to be the death of me.

I cannot stop watching Breaking Bad.  I was up until almost 2 am watching most of Season 3.  Every time I told myself it was the last episode, I just hit Play for the next one b/c I had to see what happened.

Re: Netflix Instant

• That might be the next show that H and I have to watch.  But we are terrible addicts once we start a good show on Netflix.  It really doesn't help with the couch potato situation.  Maybe in our next house we will get side-by-side treadmill and eliptical set-up with a big TV in front of us so that we can watch these shows and feel good about it.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I truly cannot remember a show I found as engrossing as this one.  The writing and acting are just top notch.  And I always enjoy a show that has a conflicted "hero".

I have the same addiction problem.  Although we're into Season 5 of Doc Martin and I LOATHE it.  I'm not sure we're even going to finish it, b/c it's all so blah.  I really dislike Louisa more and more.  If she's such a people person, WTF would she even be attracted to Doc?  I can only think she's a relationship project person and thinks she's saving him somehow.  She has to be some damaged goods to keep going on with that after all he's done/not done to/for her.
  • I'm an addict, too.  It totally spoils you for regular tv, too.   Gotta love instant gratification.
  • We love Breaking Bad. This last season we would stay up until midnight when the new Isolde would be released in iTunes because we are hooked. It truly is a fantastic show- everything is so well written and the actors are fantastic. It deserves every award it's been given. Netflix emailed me that the newest season of Weeds is available so DH will be sucked back into that. Plus there is a new season of Nikita.
  • Walter White's character is one of the best TV characters in at least the past 10 years.  I love watching him justify every single bad decision away and slowly turning into Heisenberg.  DH had stopped watching it with me and was sucked back in when he saw the Cousins.  Two more menacing characters who had what?  Five words?  In their entire appearances?  I cannot recall.  Maybe Javier Bardeem in No Country for Old Men.

And I'm completely fascinated by Gus and I love Saul.  He's my favorite bad guy, really.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that characters who I thought were so one layer written have slowly evolved into these complex characters, namely Hank and Skyler, b/c they were SUCH freaking goody two-shoes and now they're caught up in the same type of struggles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_netflix-instant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b4370021-481d-4d25-87d1-e1bfd2f530ffPost:eb0be090-fe26-476c-8a80-01cf344374bc">Re: Netflix Instant</a>:
    [QUOTE]We love Breaking Bad. This last season we would stay up until midnight when the new Isolde would be released in iTunes because we are hooked. It truly is a fantastic show- everything is so well written and the actors are fantastic. It deserves every award it's been given.<strong> Netflix emailed me that the newest season of Weeds is available so DH will be sucked back into that.</strong> Plus there is a new season of Nikita.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

<div>We started watching the new season the other night - it's looking like it's going to be much better than the last season!</div>
  • Skyler becomes really fascinating in the most current season, for the exact reason you mentioned. Her transformation and how she deals with it is very interesting. I love Jesse. Again, as you go along and see what he deals with and processes, his reactions are very interesting. I'm trying not to giveaway too much. Honestly, when the last episode airs I think I'll cry. This is one of those shows that I think everyone should watch. Fvuck reality TV, watch Breaking Bad.
  • I like Jesse too.  It's weird how I felt so sorry for him when after rehab, he just sat down and said, "I'm the bad guy".  And just went from that spot.

I can honestly say this is the only show that I've never read ahead to find out what's happening.  
  • We finished Doc Martin.  I wanted this show to be so much better than it was.  Watching to the end is worth it for Mrs. Tichell.  I PPP her.  Her eyes move like a Wallace & Gromit character.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When she brought out that yellow sweater that said Martin?  I had to stop the show b/c I was laughing so hard, Zsa.  Tears were streaming.  She is kililng me, I'll admit.  That might keep us going.
  • YES!  That was the best thing ever!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards